LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 z28 all stock lt1 auto tranny I'm new to these lt1 engines and I'm wanting to improve power but looking to start on the less expensive upgrades that will be slightly noticeable what are you guys suggestion on this and info on each ... All advice and info is greatly appreciated..... Also thoughts and info on underdrive pulleys

·
Registered
135 Posts
Most people will tell you under drive pullies are a waste of money. I haven't had any experience with them myself. But with cheap first mods, go with a cold air intake, offroad Y pipe and mufflers (if you don't have emissions where you live)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Get a tune.. will run ya about 200. And prob most bang for.buck with minimal work

·
Banned
489 Posts
How much do want to spend?

Moroso "honker" intake.
Headers.
High flow cat and exhaust.
Better vlv springs then 1.6 ration rocker arms.
PCM tune - PCM for less, TPIS, Howell engineering.
At least 3.23 ration rear gear set.

That should keep u busy,
cardo

·
Registered
494 Posts
honestly in my opinion would be a stall and tune. then exhaust. all together net you about 15-20 rwhp and the stall will place you right in the torque curve. 2800 would be my opinion.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Id do full exhaust first. Like longtube headers, y pipe, high flow cat if need be, and a catback. Getting a stall would be a waste of money cause u build ur stall around ur power output. If u stall now and do more bolt ons ur power will go and ur stall will be useless. Do the tb coolant byepass and cai with a bew elbow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts