LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm relatively new to engine building and are looking for advice on parts and realistic performance expectations on a budget. Currently I have a 1994 Trans that is mostly stock, the only thing that isn't is a magnaflow catback system. Currently my car has 134,000 miles, I store it from late October to late April as I live in Michigan, and drive it 2000 - 2500 miles a year. Also, I don't drive my car very hard, it has only been rev'd to 5000 RPMs at most and usually is driven up to 3600 RPMs on a regular basis. It is my daily driver and is an automatic.

My goal is to get up to 350 flywheel horsepower (280 rwhp assuming a 20% power loss). My budget for this build is $2300 for parts, currently I'm unable to do any mods myself so I would have to take it to a shop unless my friend can help me. Parts I am considering are:

PaceSetter LTs (does it matter if they have a smog/egr system hook-up?)
Roller rockers (1.6 RR probably)
Rocker studs
Springs
Lifters
Pushrods
Guide plates
Spark plugs and wires (they work fine now, but I don't know when they were last changed)

I'm not entirely sure what to go with regarding to;
Camshaft
Fuel Injectors (particularly the size for his build)
Throttle body (if necessary)

I'd like to do a LE1 setup but probably don't have the budget for it right now.

Would my budget be enough to cover these parts? I figure to install these parts it would cost me $4000 total. Any advice on what parts to use is greatly appreciated or if you've done a similar build that works too. Thanks.

·
Global Moderator
13,167 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Pacesetter headers are a pretty good budget brand, but the ebay special stainless steel long tubes give more bang for the buck.

Le1 heads will put you way over your budget, but are a good power maker if you can afford them. Lloyd Elliott can give you advice on the heads, cam, springs, etc.

All the work you wish to do is doable by you. You would save enough on labor to help get those le1 heads. We have the 94 factory service manual in the 4th gen sticky threads to help you with the work.

And members here to help you along also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Alright Thanks, I'll continue to do more research into the parts I'll need and like to buy. I'll probably start ordering the parts this March and build my car in April after I'm done with college this year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts