Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Z28 Vert: Add Stripes and Color VS Debadge

OPTION 1: ADD STRIPES AND COLOR

Already been to a custom graphix guy who can add anything I want in vinyl.

We contemplated shiny metallic black rally stripes or side stripes of some sort, and metallic red badging, metallic red CAMARO lettering in the back, and maybe painting the brake calipers red too.

Sort of an old school traditional with color look to an 02 Vert.

========================================================

OPTION 2: DEBADGE for SILVER STEALTH BEAST

The polished grill shows more silver in real life than in this photo, and the MagnaFlow Dual Tips are sort of a primitive truck looking style of stainless...

Im thinking Debadging would create a "What kind of Jungle Cat was that" response when I rumble on by...

Besides, it's not like Chevy is paying me to endorse their products, let 'em do their own damn advertising

ESPECIALLY INTERESTED in what folks think of debadging and if you or anyone you know has done it...

And yes, I've done a SEARCH, but just want specific DEBADGING opinions on this car

=========================================================

OPTION 3: LEAVE IT ALONE

Maybe the black badges and stripeless look is OK as is, but I'm really wanting to stand out by adding or subtracting...other opinions welcome

=========================================================

OPTION 4: BITE YOURSELF NEWB

How pathetic, asking other people what to do with your own car --- go buy a V6 Mustang you LOSER, you are a disgrace to F-Bodys

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

All input welcome, last week I was leaning towards stripes and color, yesterday and today, so far Debadging is in the lead...the allure of debading is growing, but knowing how impulsive I am, a day or two of reflection may be a good thing...

Thanks

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I've always lioked debadging more on a trans am and Stripes and stuff on a camaro. Just my .02

·
Registered
190 Posts
How long have you had the car? I'd take some time & think about what you really like/want to do. What is it you're trying to accomplish? Are there tons of Z28 verts around, that you want/need to make your's stand out? I prefer the subtle changes to a car, (lest it's under the hood ;) ), other than that, just make it yours---whatever that may be. Afterall, you're the one who will be driving it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
02lilredSS said:
How long have you had the car? I'd take some time & think about what you really like/want to do. What is it you're trying to accomplish? Are there tons of Z28 verts around, that you want/need to make your's stand out? I prefer the subtle changes to a car, (lest it's under the hood ;) ), other than that, just make it yours---whatever that may be. Afterall, you're the one who will be driving it.
+1 but

·
Registered
31 Posts
02lilredSS said:
+1 but I also voted for some stripes

·
Premium Member
4,979 Posts
Bite yourself n00b :p Why not the Side stripes and debadging?

·
loves this site
469 Posts
side stripe it

i think with it being a convertible side stripes. possibly hockey stripes would really compliment the lines. see if you can get something photoshopped so you can get a better image of what it would look like with different stripes.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Where is the place to vote for wheels first?

Personally I think a nice set of wheels will set off the car more then any amount of striping can.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i would not debadge it maybe some stripes

1 - 16 of 16 Posts