LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The list of LS1 owners. Finally bit the bullet on a 00 SS last night/this morning. Red w/ tan leather, 6 speed, chrome ZR1s. Love it so far. LOVE IT. 78k miles on it... so not too high. After spending years workign on everyone else... I can how say I have one to work on myself!!!

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Going to try and get some tonight. Tim99ws6 and I are going to try and meet up and get some together...

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
welcome to the dark side.... time for fun....
whats the list of parts waiting to go in??? :D

·
Registered
554 Posts
Great news man, Congratulations and we need pics soon, wish me good luck on getting one too..

·
Registered
612 Posts
nice. whats the plan for this car(and we all know that stock is not perminate)

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think the previous owner did anything. The SLP sticker is hard to read, and I need to try and read it when its light outside so I can try to decipher it. Have a feeling the wheels came on the car. Some did. He did put an aftermarket shifter in the car though. Proabably a pro5.0 or a Hurst. Need to pull it to see. It doesn't have a rubber isolator like some do.

Mods... PAY FOR IT. It would have started w/ a shifter, but since its there already... who knows. More than likely cutout and a set of the halo headlights...

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Chris89GTA said:
I don't think the previous owner did anything. The SLP sticker is hard to read, and I need to try and read it when its light outside so I can try to decipher it. Have a feeling the wheels came on the car. Some did. He did put an aftermarket shifter in the car though. Proabably a pro5.0 or a Hurst. Need to pull it to see. It doesn't have a rubber isolator like some do.

Mods... PAY FOR IT. It would have started w/ a shifter, but since its there already... who knows. More than likely cutout and a set of the halo headlights...
If there's no rubber isolator and the shifter is a gold color then it's a Pro 5.0.

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haven't pulled the top piece yet to see the base of the shifter. Through the boot you can feel the two bolts on the side, so its not a B&M since they are one piece. You can feel there isn't an isolator... By the feel of how notchy it is my guess before looking is hurst.

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL... depends on the transmission!!! LOL. I have friends w/ each, and ones pro 5.0 is notchy, but the aftermarket hurst is WAY worse!!! He does have a tranny problem though...

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OH I love the way it feels. It takes some getting used to on the speed shifting though...

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Congrats Chris!! Tim told me about it last night

Welcome to the 21st century!

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Actually since there was no year zero, a 2000 is still a 20th century car :p

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No you need a 1989 Trans Am w/ a built 355, probuilt 700r4 and etc...!!! Give it to ya cheap!!!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Chris 96 WS6 said:
Actually since there was no year zero, a 2000 is still a 20th century car :p
I was saying welcome to LS1 over TPI, lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts