LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well i took my car to a shop, which i don't like doing and they didn't do shihite but charged me money and i took my car told them they sucked and left. The car will idle fine, but when i go to accelerate it is real slow. After driving for five minutes the acceleration won't go past 3000. Almost feels like something is pushing against my car. Its not the exhaust, the back pressure is only 2 or 3 lbs. Fuel filter has been changed. I don't think its the fuel pump, but i am going to check it wensday with the neato pressure gauge. I am in the process of putting new wires and plugs in but i am havin one helluva a time with the cylinder 7, its got a metal shield deal and it doesn't like me. Also the air filter is new. I am not throwing any check engine light and i had it scanned anyways, nothing. So i have ruled out most of the sensors for air-fuel ratio. Any ideas?

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
How old is the optispark? How old is the coil and the ignition module?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
honestly i have no idea. I have had the car for a year and did a full tune up on it when i got it. Don't think either of those were replaced tho.

·
Registered
71 Posts
check your timing, if its even a notch off youll have issues similar to that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts