LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my 3 channel rear end on my 94 TA with a 4 channel out of a 99 Z28, question I have searched and searched to no avail but is there any way to fool the computer into thinking the ABS system is ok so the light won't come on? I've had Mustangs that I removed the EGR components on and put a Diode in the line that canceled the Check Engine light and thought something like this might do the same on the ABS.
Thanks for looking.

·
10 Second Opti Club
6,736 Posts
No, you can't do anything like that as far as I know. You may be able to unplug the EBCM and I think the light stays off. Your car currently has non functioning abs and will continue that way until you install a 3 channel rear, just making sure you are aware.

·
Global Moderator
13,428 Posts
So my question is, is the 3 channel and 4 channel a year related thing, and if so, what years used what? Or is it a having traction control or not having traction control thing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think 93-97 had the 3 channel which didn't have Traction Control with the ABS reluctor ring on the ring gear and the 98 up was a 4 channel with or without Traction Control but the reluctor ring was on the axles. I hope I'm right any ways !

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts
I think 93-97 had the 3 channel which didn't have Traction Control with the ABS reluctor ring on the ring gear and the 98 up was a 4 channel with or without Traction Control but the reluctor ring was on the axles. I hope I'm right any ways !
Nope.

My 1995 came OEM with a 4 chan rear, if you opted for the traction control option, you got a 4 chan rear.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope.

My 1995 came OEM with a 4 chan rear, if you opted for the traction control option, you got a 4 chan rear.
I guess the difference really was Traction Control or not and where the reluctor ring was at on the axles or the carrier. Back to my problem the ABS light?
Thanks for all the Expert advice .

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, you can't do anything like that as far as I know. You may be able to unplug the EBCM and I think the light stays off. Your car currently has non functioning abs and will continue that way until you install a 3 channel rear, just making sure you are aware.

I think the non-ABS will be ok being I drive it about 50 miles per year.
Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd actually like it off if possible without to much expense. If it's not possible or to costly I have the old 3 channel that was in it and I'll just build it 4:10 with a new carrier and put it back in.
Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only way you'll be able to truely have it off is to go back with the three channel.
Thanks I can do that I love working on it any ways cars have been my hobby for about 45 years and I like it. If I ever run out of things to do on one it's time for them to go.
Thanks again.

·
10 Second Opti Club
6,736 Posts
I took my bulbs out. I drive with no abs quite often.

So my question is, is the 3 channel and 4 channel a year related thing, and if so, what years used what? Or is it a having traction control or not having traction control thing.
I'm not sure if the actual reluctor rings are different or if the systems themselves are different with regards to sensors or the wave pattern produced. Never really cared much about abs!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I took my bulbs out. I drive with no abs quite often.

I'm not sure if the actual reluctor rings are different or if the systems themselves are different with regards to sensors or the wave pattern produced. Never really cared much about abs!
Me either I always liked to lock my brakes, it don't seem like the brakes are working if they don't lock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts