LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a whim, I put the Trans Am up for sale for a price I'd consider letting it go for just to see if there was any interest, and a friend of mine jumped all over it and has already been approved for the loan, so it looks like the 'bird wont be mine too much longer. :(

This was my first nice car. I drove a crapbox 88 four cylinder Mustang for two years before I got in way over my head and picked up my Trans Am. I had to have it. The first time I nailed it I was alone in the car and yelled "THIS THING IS A BEAST!" Many nights just riding on the interstate thinking about anything and everything. Many turned heads and compliments. Many friends met and made. Two different colleges, two different serious girlfriends. Track days and cruise ins. Hard work, blood, sweat, and stitches. It's not the car I'll miss. It is nothing more than a material object, it's the memories tied to it.

While I know it's the right thing to let it go (it will save me around $5000 a year for the next two years not to mention the initial $8500 I'm getting from it to put towards debt), I almost wish I never posted that For Sale ad on the local board. It will be tough to let it go but it's basically sold now. If the interested party looks it over and decides it's not what he's looking for, I dont know that I'd ever put it up for sale again. All thats left is for him to look it over and me to call the credit union to make sure my price is right, and it's gone.

A sad day indeed.

·
Registered
330 Posts
What prompted the sale??? What are you replacing it with?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
unscrew the drainplug just enough to make a good leak.... when he looks it over, act shocked....
then after he leaves without the car drain the oil, change it with fresh geman castrol or mobil 1 and get online and order her a present to make up for trying to sell her....

·
Registered
612 Posts
it is hard to leave a dearly loved friend, but sometimes necessary. if it sells, then it might be a good thing, but if it doesn't then it wasn't ment to and u should keep it

·
Registered
288 Posts
werd

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Chris 96 WS6 said:
Sale was prompted by the fact he has a lot of debt for a 22 yr old. Its a sad move but also a very mature move.
ah.... gotya :cool:

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
It's a very mature desicion. I'm 22 as well. Whereas I don't have much debt (maybe $1000 total) I don't think I could sell my Z in that situation. I just couldn't bring myself to do it, even if I knew it was the "right thing to do".

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was commited to the sell but now my family threw a monkey wrench into my plans. Looks like I'll probably get the keep the T/A though. I just have to do my part too (sticking to my budget and not blowing money on mods, maybe I can swing my LS6 intake and UD pulley with my income tax returns, or maybe I'll even get them for Christmas, but I cant just drop my budgeted money on things like that if I'm going to take their help and keep the car).

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
LiquidFire350 said:
i would never sell my car to a friend of mine, id hate seeing it in the hands of someone else all the time
with us local guys its just the oposite... we keep it in the family... that way there might be a chance to buy her back ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts