LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In short my father is an old school guy when comes to racing. He toldme back in the day anybody running 4.10 gearswould always start out in 2nd off the line. But back then they wererunning. a muncee 4speed big blocks etc.
My' 97 ws6 pushes about 400 horse.
Anyone start in second? Good or bad idea?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Take to the track and try it then try starting in 1st. Starting in Second u wont get as much torqe but u wont get as much wheel spin. Im makin 400 hp at the wheels and i have 3.73s and ive started out in 2nd on the street and it takes off fine but ive never tried it at the track

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My thoughts exactly. I've got some random misfire going on so I'm replacing the Opti and water pump in a few days. I plan on taking her to the track within a few weeks. There's an 1/8 mile strip not to far away from home. I think it might help, from a dig, starting in 2nd. Getting traction is a pain in first or second for that matter. Probably need some slicks.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I think testing it on a 1/8 track would be perfect. The 1/8 seems to be highly Dependant on launches, so it should give you a perfect way to test this.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts