LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if i replaced just my muffler with a magnaflow on a stock 97 T/A would i notice any sound/performance difference ? The car is a convert so i do not want it to loud.
Thanks in advance for any help.

· Registered
66 Posts
Yes and yes. You will have a slight performance gain via the seam of your pants but nothing significant. Factory mufflers on these cars suck. As far as sound it wont be too loud. I have magnaflows on my ls3 280zx and my 383 lt1 camaro and its not loud at all. I like it that way. They are straight through design so the restrictions are minimal.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

· Registered
1,088 Posts
i did exactly this on my 95 trans am and yes i think there was a slight performance increase but there is definately a noticeable sound difference. magnaflow muffler sounds much throatier than stock muffler. it's not really louder just has more tone to it.

here is a vid right after it was installed in 09. everything else about the exhaust is bone stock including the cat (95 only has 1, 96-97 have 2)

· Registered
107 Posts
Agree with the above, but I have the flowmaster 80 series with all stock piping and manifolds just different tips, about $120 and a nice, low, tough sound....btw, it just swapped right in place of the stocker

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.