LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy at work has a 97 cobra with pullies, and exhaust and he thinks it is THE fastest car in town(he was a ricer I talked him into a v8 unfortunatley he bought a stang). The Ta is down so I took the z in tonight(full exhaust, cai, 1.rr, 58mm tb, p&p heads, 3.73's and a 150 shot). So as we're at the bathhouse showering after work a bunch of 3rd shift guys come in and they see the cobra and the z in the lot and huge amounts of shit was talked. So being the sport I am I offer a race. My buddy bites says he'll smoke me even with the juice(moron). We line em up on a road outside work and run em with everyone watching I spun like shit at the start but when I finally hooked he was about 3 cars on me, after that all I saw was a streak of red go by my window I absolutely killed him, one of the guys at work said it looked like a minivan racing a ferrari I went by the cobra so fast :roflmao: . I guess I won't here him talking shit anymore, but now another guy at work wants to run me in his 03 cobra thats only has an exhaust, might be touchy for me what do you guys think?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Nice kill man. I love the 96-98 Cobras, I think they're sweet ass cars. He was definitely no match though, LT1s love t3h spray.

As for the '03, it depends on how good the LT1 is running. You should be able to take him pretty easily if the car is running up to it's potential with the ported heads and all. Sounds like it's set up great for a sleeper car if the nitrous is hidden well... especially due to the fact that the cam is still stock (I assume at least because it wasn't listed in your mods).

In any case, go for it man. As long it's for fun you've got nothin to lose... except your license, car, and possibly your life. But hey, isn't the rush worth it? :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I haven't got a cam for it yet, my next mods are going to my ta, the car runs amazing I think I can get the 03 just need to set up the run with him, my buddys 97 cobra is sweet looks and sounds awesome just not fast enough for my taste and he's dumping his money into appearance mods next....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts