LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I just had a shop install a new clutch (McLeod super street pro) into my 96 trans am. I went through the 500 mile break in period driving like my grandma would, and now around 4K rpm the whole car starts to vibrate. The lower the gear I am in the worse the vibration seems to be. There was never a vibration before the new clutch was put in. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the new clutch assembly is out of balance.
That’s what I was worried about. Is this something the shop I went to has to correct or am I SOL and have to drop another grand to have a different shop fix it?

·
Global Moderator
13,163 Posts
That's hard to say. The parts that were probably made offshore, could be defective right out of the box.

If flywheel was resurfaced, it's balance could be the problem.

Since clutch works, I can eliminate the assembly being mis-installed.

Unfoetunately, if parts are defective, shop is not responsible to fix it free. Only a freebee if shop was at fault doing the job.

You might want to learn to do the job yourself. That would save half the price or more. 96 service manual is at the following link. Download it and start your journey to knowledge. www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti

Shoebox site is also full of good lt1 info. www.shbox.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's hard to say. The parts that were probably made offshore, could be defective right out of the box.

If flywheel was resurfaced, it's balance could be the problem.

Since clutch works, I can eliminate the assembly being mis-installed.

Unfoetunately, if parts are defective, shop is not responsible to fix it free. Only a freebee if shop was at fault doing the job.

You might want to learn to do the job yourself. That would save half the price or more. 96 service manual is at the following link. Download it and start your journey to knowledge. www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti

Shoebox site is also full of good lt1 info. www.shbox.com
Ok thank for all the info. They did resurface the flywheel so I will call them up tommorow and ask about it. And this was the first time I’ve had it in a shop just because I didn’t have the time to figure out how to do to it myself. I’ve somehow managed to do the rest of the work myself lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts