LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of rebuilding my 96 LT1. Looking to keep it reliable but have some drag racing and hwy fun also.I got new rings, stock pistons, stock heads complete rebuilt 3 angle valve job mild port work(intake side) 600 lift springs ,1.6 roller rockers (Crane) , crane titanium retainers. I put the CC 503 Crane cam. 52 mm Holley tb. Also have 3.73 Strange gear and Auburn posi unit.Looking for a good stall weekend warrior.light to light pulls and some hwy cruising .Looking for a new opti distributor and new fuel injectors.Where should I be looking and what brand is the most reliable?Are the stock injectors enough ? What horse power and tq should I expect from this combo ? Keeping 4L60E with shift kit going into my 1981 Monte Carlo .Monte weighs in at 3,100 lbs vs 96 Impala SS comes in @4,200 lbs .Also may go 4.10 gear .Thoughts and opinions please as I'm new to this

·
Global Moderator
13,163 Posts
Only decent optis out there are GM, Delco, or Delphi. These will all be rebuilt ones as there are no new ones left.

Be aware there are cheap optis out there that claim to have oem type Mitsubishi optical sensors in them. I would avoid these as counterfeit parts, branded as oem, but actually cheap Chinese knock offs, are all over the place

·
Registered
12 Posts
It appears you are correct, Coco. I got excited, and I didn't do my due diligence. Good call on the Ebay knockoff.

I am a little bummed, but that happens some time. The seller seems to have good feedback, so, because I already have it, I am going to give it a shot. If it does fail, I will file a complaint, go from there.

Sorry about adding the misinformation. I hope that this clarification helps someone else avoid my mistake.

·
Global Moderator
13,163 Posts
You might want to buy a $70 PC based oscilloscope. It's the only 100% way of checking the low & high resolution 5 volt square waves that opti sends out. You can get one on ebay, amazon, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts