LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i was wondering if anybody could tell me how much a 96-97 ws6 hood is worth i was thinkin of selling it and wanted to no what it would be worth thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
not to be captain obvious, but, check on ebay and see if there are any listed, that generally tells you about what market value is... then take about 30% off of that if you actually WANT to sell it instead of sitting on it for a year holding out for a buyer.

also consider the color and what shape the paint is in,, imperfections, holes, dents, scrapes, cuts, bruises, whatever.. if it's a red or black ws6 hood with perfect paint, you can probably get a LOT of money for it.

if it's forest green or something, probably not nearly as much, if for no other reason but there weren't that many firebirds in that color, and the likelihood someone would want it is slim despite the fact you can PAINT it another color.

there are tons of variables. i'd say though 350-650 + shipping +/- just a total W.A.G at it

keeping in mind that you can buy aftermarket ones for about that same price, an oem one may or may not be MORE valuable depending upon the shape it's in..

again........ ebay is your friend here.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya i looked on ebay i didnt c any ill just have to keep checkin back thanks

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It would prolly have to b repainted it is green with metal flake in it its a custom paint job that was on the cat before i got it. As far as picks im not sure how to put them up here i no how to send them to an email thats about it not very computer smart thanks

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is very small cracks in the paint i dont believe that the cracks r in the hood there are about 3 hairline cracks by the nostrils. Really not sure on price not really sure what its worth and it is an oem hood. I took it off because i like the look of the 98-03 hoods way better never really cared for the 96-97 stlye hood i mean it looks ok but just not my cup of tea. Wasnt even sure if i was gonna sell it thought about keeping it in case something ever happened to my new hood. But i also get sick of stuff sitting around to. Plus it wouldnt really mach the car anymore scince i had ss stripes painted on my new hood and the rest of the car so i may sell it

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I no ive seen ws6 hoods on ebay before for any were from $1000-$1500 that was for the 98s and up id think 96-97 would b right around there scince their more rare.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well like i said before i didnt no what an oem hood in near perfect condition is worth u can actually get an aftermarket hood for around $450 but i tend to stay away for that cheap chineese junk. Anyways good luck with that may have a fun time with fitment issues just depends on who you go with. And i didnt say i was gonna sell it for that much thats just what ive seen them go for on ebay

·
Registered
70 Posts
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
move picture to desktop, click browse on the website, click the picture then press upload, then give us the link it gave you.

Your hood is worth 200 dollars on Craigslist. Anyone who would bite the bullet on shipping costs of something that heavy and large is more than likely gonna buy a new one, so forget eBay or selling online, since you said yourself you're so computer inept.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts