LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone can help,
95 z lt1 fires right up when cold, drive it for 30 minutes shut it down and it will just spin over. Let it cool off and it fires up and runs great. No CEL no miss
Plenty of power local shop said it may have a opti spark going bad.
orginal car 53000 miles
Anyone had this happen?
thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Look for any cracked CAI hoses, then replace the ICM Ignition Control Module GM Genuine Parts 19352932 | eBay then read my story. So after a brief trip to store, on a very hot day my 94' Z28 Camaro stalled while rolling into my parking stall (lucky). I was very surprised since I only have 790 miles on a brand new 4l60E Barret Transmission, a new Summit Optispark, AC Delco H2O pump, OEM - Heater Core Assy. Hose, AC Compressor Kit, Drive belt and the Coil was replaced in 05'. So I waited a few minutes after popping the hood and got my new Actron Elite Auto-Scan Tool. Of course it started right up and idled normally. I could not pull a code for anything (I have done this before) no faults at all. I pulled the PCM Batt. Fuse for a minute returned it and continued with another Scan, and pulled no fault codes. I then drove car around my lot and let it idle for a while (15 minutes later) bringing car up to temp., and couldn't get it to do anything other than idle like a growling lion waiting for something to eat. This car has never leaked a drop, and whenever I have a problem, I seem to remember finding a fault code for it. The only thing I can think of, is that I replaced the ICM in 2016, as it was failing when car was hot. That's a long time ago, so it seems now. The next day I tried to get a code show up, and "System Pass - No Faults Detected" was all I got. I went ahead and installed a new $123 AC Delco Ignition Control module anyways. While doing so I noticed the last mechanics working on my car let a small chunk of rubber from my cold air intake break off, near the throttle body. This would cause a vacuum leak stalling a car, and leaving No Error Code. I used a couple layers of electrical tape, to extend the CAI elbow, under the clamp at the TB, for now. The ICM install took about one hour, runs fine yaaa !

Update 09/01/2022 So I take a brief drive, and my car stalls out again after running on the freeway and stopping at the exit. It wouldn't start up hot, just crank. Fast forward to an hour later after the Tow back to home base, and it starts and runs normally again. My Scan Tool is not showing any codes, so it's back to disassembly, and hope it's just a vacuum leak. I just bought a AC Delco Fuel Pump relay https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IU6UOBU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 as they are cheap, that's going in next then a new Intake Elbow.
Vehicle Hood Automotive design Car Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
1934 Corvette
10 Posts
Hopefully someone can help,
95 z lt1 fires right up when cold, drive it for 30 minutes shut it down and it will just spin over. Let it cool off and it fires up and runs great. No CEL no miss
Plenty of power local shop said it may have a opti spark going bad.
orginal car 53000 miles
Anyone had this happen?
thank you
Yes, and I’m still trying to figure things out. I’ve got fuel and spark.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine turned out to be the Distributor - Optispark. It didn't even throw a Fault Code, just died. The engine would crank, but the Tachometer needle wouldn't move. The vented Opti (cooling it) is the way to go. A company called Petris Industries sells them for LT1 Engines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts