LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to camaros coming from a mustang gt. Help would be appreciated.

I have a 1995 camaro z28 with the following mods:

-pacesetter longtube headers
-3in exhaust all the way back to magnaflow with 3.5in tips
-EGR delete
-52mm Holley intake
-K&N filter
-rear control arms
-3400 stall converter
-subframe connectors
-NO catalytic converter

I think thats about it, i need to improve my mileage due to driving to school and work all the time. thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know what my actual mpg is because i dont know what size the tank is, ive heard 10.5 and 16.5 idk which one. all i know is that i have to get gas literally everyday

·
Registered
89 Posts
93 octane and stay out of the throttle!! Just kidding, I have a 94 and it gets terrible gas mileage too. The only way I was able to get a little better mileage was to use only 93 octane no lower, and keep my foot off the gas pedal, I just give it a little gas while doing normal everyday driving. It doesn't take much to get it up to 55 pretty quick.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
I dont know what my actual mpg is because i dont know what size the tank is, ive heard 10.5 and 16.5 idk which one. all i know is that i have to get gas literally everyday
You don't need to know the size of the tank to figure MPG. You fill up, drive, fill up again, divide the mileage between fills by the gallons you just filled. LT1 tanks are 15.5 gallons. Don't know how many miles you drive per day, so that gives no help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
93 octane and stay out of the throttle!! Just kidding, I have a 94 and it gets terrible gas mileage too. The only way I was able to get a little better mileage was to use only 93 octane no lower, and keep my foot off the gas pedal, I just give it a little gas while doing normal everyday driving. It doesn't take much to get it up to 55 pretty quick.
thanks! i just filled up with 89 octane and ill see if it helps, but any modifications i can do to make the mpg better?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
.......but any modifications i can do to make the mpg better?
Swap the 3400 stall TC for a 2000 to 2400 TC.

Check for exhaust manifold/header leakage.

Check O2 sensors to ensure they're working properly.

KW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts