LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm having an issue. I started my car the other day and was 100% normal. I backed up to turn around and everything died as if no battery. The next day, I jumped it and it ran. The next day zero power in every way again and jumping didn't change a thing. Different battery, same thing. Acts like there's no battery installed. Grounds look good, wires to starter and the little red junction box look good. The fuses looked good. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to continue looking?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

I just went through some similar issues. My car would run and drive normally, and then just not want to start, no power at all. I found that wiggling the battery cables would let me get a click, before the power died out again. New set of terminal bolts ended up being the solution. With the side post terminals, sometimes it is difficult to tell if you are making a good connection, even if you tighten them down very snug.

You said that it acts like the battery was removed. Did your radio reset back to factory? The radio was the signal I saw that led me check my connections before trying to dive too much further in.

Good luck getting this taken care of. I hope it is something simple, like I was lucky enough to run into.

·
Registered
36 Posts
As a follow up for you, the battery terminals that I used I got from Advance Auto Parts. DieHard Brand Terminals, Part Number 45172. They were like $4, and I had a $5 coupon.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Hello. I'm having an issue. I started my car the other day and was 100% normal. I backed up to turn around and everything died as if no battery. The next day, I jumped it and it ran. The next day zero power in every way again and jumping didn't change a thing. Different battery, same thing. Acts like there's no battery installed. Grounds look good, wires to starter and the little red junction box look good. The fuses looked good. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to continue looking?
Is it an electric car or what..??

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Is it an electric car or what..??
Does your electric fuel pump come on? Do you have head lights..? Do your head lights go dim when you turn the key to start..? Remember, "F" body have a ground going directly to the block by the starter. Both positive and negative battery cables split right at the battery and go in different directions. Could also be your starter switch or starter relay..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, it seems to be this. As far as I can tell, this is the ignition junction box/block. It would make connection if I tapped on it. I see ebay sells them for $20 but that's where I got this one 3 years ago. Any recommendations on where to find a good one?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

So, it appears to be this. I believe it's called the ignition junction box/block. I replaced this when I replaced the cables and battery 3 years ago. I hit it and power started to pop on and off. Any recommendations on where to find a replacement? This one was $20 on ebay. Want something more reliable please.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Also, there are grounding straps between the engine and the chassis in a few locations, usually a braided copper strap or battery cable type strap. Ditto on that distribution block, there is a ground right next to that block too,
Make sure you have good contact there as well.
Ben

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cut that sliver of plastic off on the left post
I tried it and got some steady power but not enough to start. I bought a new one and she fired right up. Thank you all for your help!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts