LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 Trans Am that was garaged with my parents for around seven years. I've recently gotten it back and have been working on getting it back into shape. I have a question about a piece that is part of the t-tops. It looks like it broke in half. I do not have any leakage, but I want to replace this piece. Any idea where I would be able to find a replacement or even what it is called? I can find the center piece and weather strip, but this little piece is not included. Thanks!

·
Global Moderator
12,988 Posts
I tried to look up the part you need in both 4th gen firebird & camaro parts book. Unfortunately, the books don't even list the t-tops or related parts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for looking into it. Much appreciated. I may have to try to find a junked one and see if I can get this piece.

·
Global Moderator
12,988 Posts
Another option would be to check craigslist for people parting out 93-02 firebirds & camaros with t-tops. I'm pretty sure that any 4th gen with t-tops could supply the part. If owner is willing to let you buy it.

·
Global Moderator
12,988 Posts
And since part you need looks like a spacer, & maybe a water seal also, you could use a piece of tubing of the correct diameter. You would need to cut it length wise.

This would create a nice flexible half round repair piece. You would paint it to match old piece. Then silicon it in place. Of course you would have to trim it up so it fits well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I couldn't find anyone parting out either in my area, but it was a great idea and I will keep an eye out. I will have to talk to some of my friends that are much better with cars than I am about making a piece to fit. I'm just glad I don't have any leaking at the moment. Thanks again for the responses!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 95 Camaro parts car with this part and both T-Tops all in good shape I would sell or trade if anybody needs them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts