LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I've changed my headlight motors to my 95 firebird but that clicking noise is still there. I was told the headlight module might be the problem. So my question is where is the headlight control module located and is there a picture out there for reference? Thank you

·
Global Moderator
13,109 Posts
Before we go on a parts changing quest, was your original problem a clicking noise or was it a grinding noise? The answer is important as it changes the parts that are affected.

Here is a web page where you can read up on 4th gen headlight problems. www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix

You need to go to the following link and download the 95 service manual. Diagram of headlight control module will be on page 8A-201-19. www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti

Have you checked your headlight stops to see if they are in good shape? Broken stops can cause problems. Also, when you changed motors, did you check to see if motor itself & gearbox attached to motor were tight? There are 4 metal tabs that attach actual motor to gearbox. If they are loose, gear inside will wear out quickly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts