LS1LT1 Forum banner

95 camero into 94 caprice

2K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  Mrm217 
#1 ·
So I just bought a 95 camero engine for my 94 caprice I am wondering is this a plug n play or does thing need to be changed in order for it to fit Ik I need the pcm but I’m hearing things like flexplate 2 bolt or 4 bolt main will my trans work can I use the rear end from the camero help please tia

#2 ·
Your caprice uses the same 4l60E trans as the camaro. There are some minor differences between 94 & 95. You can solve this by using the 94 caprice pcm with 95 engine.

Hopefully, you have the 94 caprice exhaust manifolds as they are different than camaro manifolds. Most everything will be plug & play. Note that caprice has to knock sensors, instead of 1 on camaro engine. There's a plug on the camaro lt1 where 2nd knock sensor can go.

Camaro lt1 uses aluminum heads, has a higher compression ratio than caprice iron head lt1

Go to following link and download the 94 & 95 factory f-body service manuals. Sorry we don't have caprice service manuals. www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti

I'm not sure if fuel lines are the same between the caprice and comaro. So you may or may not, have to use certain parts from caprice engine.

If your caprice has the l99 265 cubic inch engine, then you would have to change the program of the caprice pcm. Good programer at www.lt1pcmtuning.com

#4 ·
Since your caprice currently has the 4.3 L99 engine, when you switch to the 5.7 LT1 camaro engine, the engine won't run right because the PCM needs to be programed to impala ss specs.

If you use the camaro PCM in your caprice, your transmission won't function as it should. The 94 4L60E was a non pulse width trans. While 95 trans has pulse width modulation.

#10 ·
You don't seem to be understanding what I tell you. So let me state it again. The 95 pcm will have to be programed to use with the 94 non pulse width transmission. You would end up installing the 94 impala ss program. The 95 engine would then be ok with the 94 trans.

If you can get a 95 engine, pcm, & 95 4L60E trans. Then it will work in your car. So there are 2 choices to use the 95 engine.

1) use the 95 PCM programed to 94 impala ss specs. or (2) Get the 95 engine, PCM,& trans.

The easiest choice, however, would be to get another 4.3 265 cubic inch engine from another caprice.

#11 ·
I got it now thank you so much for explaining that to me Ik I was slow getting it but I got it now I’m gonna get my 94 pcm tuned to the ss specs also there’s nothing wrong with my 4.3 I just want to be able to get on the gas the way I want to again thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.