LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 camaro z28 with pacesetter LT's and 3in piping all the way back to a magnaflow muffler and 4in tips. I want the slp loudmouth but how can i do that? please help.

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok well this magnaflow just isnt cutting it. My buddy has a 98 ls1 with the slp package and it sounds like a race car. I want something similar to a loudmouth then

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Ok well this magnaflow just isnt cutting it. My buddy has a 98 ls1 with the slp package and it sounds like a race car. I want something similar to a loudmouth then
You do understand that the LS1 is a completely different engine with a different exhaust note, right? His might sound like a race car, but a LM on an LT1 sounds like a dump truck. MHO, of course.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I loved my magnaflow on my Lt1. A slp sounds damn good on a ls but like someone else mention that's a totally different motor. Kid around here has a loudmouth on his lt and it sounds like a pick up truck with straight pipes..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I basically want his exhaust sound. What muffler can get me the closest without sounding like garbage?

·
Registered
135 Posts
A loudmouth 1 is just a resonator. If you want it to sound like a race car then just get some cut outs that you can open when you want to be loud. Easy man

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not too familiar on how to do cut outs. Would I keep the muffler on and make cut outs before the axle? If so, how would I do that.

·
Spelling Bee winnah!
5,018 Posts
Buy the kit, Cut exhaust somewhere before muffler, weld / clamp on cut outs. If you go electric there is an extra step of doing some wiring. Not hard and can be way cheaper than an LM1 system. This way you get the best of both worlds. Loud when you want and quiet when you want.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Could you get me a link? Or should I just search it

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the loudmouth 1 on my 97 ws6 and I love it, in my opinion it's the way the car should sound from the factory. quiet when cruising and only loud when you get on the gas. I was actually surprised how quiet it was after hearing all the stories on the net about it being so loud. I for one like the pops and cracks of the loudmouth, it's sounds like true old muscle in my opinion. Every older muscle car I have owned had that kinda sound, and now the younger guys want to throw off on it..whatever.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Me too. That's why I want it. I like the popping and raspy sound

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have loudmouth 1's on my Cobra as well with an offroad X pipe. It absolutely screams at WOT but can be quiet if you keep the rpms down. I myself plan on going a different route with cutouts once i get my LT1 running. Here's a link to some cheap Summit cutouts http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-670136/overview/

1 - 20 of 23 Posts