LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 4L60E out of the car. I cleaned and painted it, installed a b&m shift kit and reinstalled it. Now it won't move in reverse. I checked the installation of the shift kit 3 times making sure everything was right. So I disconnected the driveline and looking from the rear forward the output shaft will turn CCW but will not turn CW. The only thing I can think of is when I had it out it fell off the stands I had it on. At the time I didn't think it hurt anything, but now I'm wondering if something internally got messed up. Does anyone know if the tranny falling over from aprox. 18" could have knocked something loose or ? And any ideas what to look at.

Thanks Rick

·
Global Moderator
13,113 Posts
Yes, dropping a transmission can affect many internal parts. For reverse to operate the reverse clutch and the low-reverse clutch must both engage.

In order for thse 2 clutch packs to engage, solenoids on the valve body must engage, a logic switch assembly must have the correct combination of off and on inputs. The correct valves in valve body must move to open up the correct fluid passages to get fluid pressure to the 2 above clutch packs.

So I would hook your car to an obd 2 scanner that does real time sensor data. Depending on how good your scanner is, you can get data on solenoids being switched on or off. And logic switch readings. This can tell you if electrical signal is being received by trans from PCM. And if solenoids & logic switches are operating as intended.

The next troubleshooting would involve your shift kit installation. If none of the above find the problem, it's off to the trans shop. Or always park your car, so you can drive away in forward.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If the output shaft won't turn in reverse, you may have put in a valvebody bolt in the wrong location and it's binding up the 2-4 band. If that band is applied, the transmission can't move in reverse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
First off cocobolo95 was wrong about reverse. you can disconnect the wiring harness and you will still have reverse.
The solenoid work this way A 1, B 2 , none 3 and both 4. The only shift kit to use are Trans-go nothing else can compare.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts