LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought a 94 trans am GT to remove the motor and transmission and put in my 96 Firebird. I bought the car “not running” and was planning on building the motor right away. When I get home, just for giggles I spray fuel in the throttle body, hit the switch and it’s fires right up. I would like to get running before swap to see if motor or tranny has any existing issues. There’s no power getting to the fuel pump, I checked the relay, put the fuel pump out my FBird in it, and nothing no power. The security light is not staying on so I don’t think it’s VATS. Any ideas? Also the ignition switch will not lock back and they have rigged a straight wire from the starter to the battery for cranking. Thanks in advance.

·
Global Moderator
13,060 Posts
You need to check for codes with an obd 1 scanner. Paper clip trick only works on 93 & older GM cars.

The 4 ignition codes don't light the cel. And dtc 16- opti low res missing will cut power to fuel pump. Dtc 41 & 42 are icm codes that kill fuel injectors.

Go to www.shbox.com. He has a pic of the fuel pump power wire that you can hook to battery power and see if fp runs wired direct. This bypasses the computer, & relay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts