LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post here. Many years ago I had a Black 03 Mercury Marauder that I bought new, and was installing a supercharger on. During the four day installation process, I was using my brother's garage, and he lent me his 95 Buick Roadmaster equipped with dual exhaust, and the LT-1 detuned Vette motor it came with from the factory to get me back and forth to work during those four days. I was impressed how that big 4,500 LB ark of a car moved, and also with how good the brakes stopped it too, (in fact the brakes were much better than those on my Marauder were).

Anyway, a co-worker of mine was telling me the other day how he used to drive his late father's 96 Roadmaster when he was a teenager, and how it did great burnouts simply from a dead punch of the loud pedal. I remembered seeing a magazine article on the internet from some car magazine, (might have been Car Craft Mag, but I'm not sure) which featured a huge picture of a either a 94, 95, or 96 Roadmaster, with a guy dressed up like an elderly granny, with a white wig, glasses, and an old lady dress on, while sitting behind the wheel, and doing a smokey burnout. The article was Titled: "A wolf in Sheep's Clothing" and had a decent write up about the Roadmaster's LT-1 engine, as well as other features about the car.

So I wanted to show the article to my co-worker, but no matter how many internet searches I did, I just could not find it like I did several years ago on the net. I'm pretty sure the article was originally from the mid 90's when the dealers were selling these cars. I know this is just a shot in the dark, but I figured that if anyone would know where to find that article, you guys here would. If anyone can provide a link to it for me here, I would appreciate it. I got a kick out of it when I first seen it, and I'm sure my co-worker would too if he saw it. Thanks in advance. BTW, I'm on the Chevelles.com board since I own a 70 Chevelle, and I asked over there about the Roadmaster article, but nobody there knew what I was speaking of, so that's why I came here.Sorry for the long post, but since it was my first here, I wanted to fully explain.

·
Global Moderator
13,224 Posts
Sorry, but I can not find the article either. And I'm pretty good at finding info.

But anyway, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is my first post here. Many years ago I had a Black 03 Mercury Marauder that I bought new, and was installing a supercharger on. During the four day installation process, I was using my brother's garage, and he lent me his 95 Buick Roadmaster equipped with dual exhaust, and the LT-1 detuned Vette motor it came with from the factory to get me back and forth to work during those four days. I was impressed how that big 4,500 LB ark of a car moved, and also with how good the brakes stopped it too, (in fact the brakes were much better than those on my Marauder were).

Anyway, a co-worker of mine was telling me the other day how he used to drive his late father's 96 Roadmaster when he was a teenager, and how it did great burnouts simply from a dead punch of the loud pedal. I remembered seeing a magazine article on the internet from some car magazine, (might have been Car Craft Mag, but I'm not sure) which featured a huge picture of a either a 94, 95, or 96 Roadmaster, with a guy dressed up like an elderly granny, with a white wig, glasses, and an old lady dress on, while sitting behind the wheel, and doing a smokey burnout. The article was Titled: "A wolf in Sheep's Clothing" and had a decent write up about the Roadmaster's LT-1 engine, as well as other features about the car.

So I wanted to show the article to my co-worker, but no matter how many internet searches I did, I just could not find it like I did several years ago on the net. I'm pretty sure the article was originally from the mid 90's when the dealers were selling these cars. I know this is just a shot in the dark, but I figured that if anyone would know where to find that article, you guys here would. If anyone can provide a link to it for me here, I would appreciate it. I got a kick out of it when I first seen it, and I'm sure my co-worker would too if he saw it. Thanks in advance. BTW, I'm on the Chevelles.com board since I own a 70 Chevelle, and I asked over there about the Roadmaster article, but nobody there knew what I was speaking of, so that's why I came here.Sorry for the long post, but since it was my first here, I wanted to fully explain.
Trying googling Dax Shepard’s Buick Roadmaster

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trying googling Dax Shepard’s Buick Roadmaster
No, that isn't what I was talking about. The magazine article I was looking for is merely about the factory stock Buick Roadmasters. I believe it was when they first came equipped with the LT-1 engines in 1994. it was NOT about modified cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think this is the Car and Driver article you are looking for, the text is here: Tested: 1994 Buick Roadmaster Gains Real Firepower
A scan of the first page of the article is about halfway down the page here, with the picture you are talking about: VWVortex.com - The LARGE and CHEAP sedan thread
You can see that the author and the text is the same on both, although it doesn't have the title you mentioned. Maybe the same picture was used on different articles, or the title was on the cover of the magazine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think this is the Car and Driver article you are looking for, the text is here: Tested: 1994 Buick Roadmaster Gains Real Firepower
A scan of the first page of the article is about halfway down the page here, with the picture you are talking about: VWVortex.com - The LARGE and CHEAP sedan thread
You can see that the author and the text is the same on both, although it doesn't have the title you mentioned. Maybe the same picture was used on different articles, or the title was on the cover of the magazine.
Gee that second link is very close. That's a very similar article, but no, that isn't the one. The one I saw featured a guy dressed up like an old fat granny with white hair and the top of the dress he was wearing was even stuffed to look like he had big boobs, LOL. I'm pretty sure there was a giant thick white burnout cloud completely covering part of the rear of the car too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts