LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I got a 1994 firebird formula 350 and its seemingly so that my distributor has been on its last limb. When the car gets to 4000+ rpm the car sounds like a string of firecrackers going off. I havent got my hands on a code scanner yet but input would be much appreciated. The starter was already replaced. Just a loss of power when the popping starts. Im hoping its just the distributor because I can dedicate some time to replace it with some help.

Thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Global Moderator
13,567 Posts
And get that scanner, one that does real time sensor data scans. And guess what, our member GaryDoug has posted a free obd1 scan program for 94 & 95 cars in the 4th gen section. I'd be reading fuel trims, ect data, o2 sensor readings, maf, etc to see if all is in order. If your not sure about sensor readings, pm me with your e-mail address and I'll send you the pdf file of "sensor readings and what they mean".

aAlso to use scan program, you will need a laptop or notebook and a special cable to hook car's dlc to usb port. Get at www.aldlcable.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts