LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums here (Don't shoot me if this is in wrong thread please). I recently got a 94 Camaro Z28. Owner prior to me babied the car. When I got the car it was giving me a slight sputter while giving it gas around 55 mph then it'll clear up and accelerate properly. My mechanic told me it's probably carbon build up and to give it some gas from time to time to clean it out. Well, I did that now the car is sputtering worse, and I have oil on valve cover and rear main seal. We just changed the spark plugs, (which were replaced in november along with wires and cap). Also fuel filter. Any advice would be great, Thanks!

Also seems to be happening more after my last fill up. Can it be a bad tank of gas?

·
Registered
12 Posts
subscribing. I just bought a 93 Z28 that wont even start after a fresh tank of gas. It ran fine and got progressively worse.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Are you mechanically capable of changing a water pump? If so it'll save you a ton of money in the future ( the dealer quoted my friend 600 +parts to change the distributor, it's prolly that or a fuel related problem but its impossible to tell for sure without being there to see it in person

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My water pump and distributor both were changed around 6 months ago. I just replaced Oil Sump Seal, Trans Pan Seal, Oil Pan Seal, and Front Crank Seal. After all that was replaced we used Brake Clean to clear off any old oil to ensure no more oil leaking. We then had a ticking sound. I looked around and found an arcing spark plug wire. Changed the wires and it fixed the problem. She's back up and running perfect. I would siphon your gas Adam. Maybe you got Diesel fuel or something instead of Premium.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts