LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 Camaro 3.4 L V6. I bought it after it sat for 2 years and replaced the battery on it but was having problems with it not cranking. So I removed the wires going into the steering column, and tried to wire it up too start manually and have realized that it is not sending any power to the accessory (Fuel Pump) wire nor the starter wire. The dash lights up and everything works electrically but I cannot get it to crank AT ALL, no clicking, no nothing. So now that I have replaced the steering column, i'm not sure what to do. I was looking at the VAPS system but according to the website, it should crank but not start... I cant even get that. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Check your fuses first off. If its been sittin for a while the starter solenoid could possibly be bad. Check the ground also. And if its been sitting for two years really drain that gas before starting it. Also one thing u can try and do is run it for codes. Thats ur best bet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea checked fuses today, all good still nothin, its gotta full tank of gas so its probly still good, the ground wire looked good but im starting to thing the hot wire to the starter is fied, something along that route, its just hard to get under it with no jack, motor and wires look great above it

·
Registered
494 Posts
haven't been on in awhile but check your starter relay if nothing check the connection to activate starter relay if there is power then connect the power and ground with a volt meter to see if power is actually going throu the relay if not bad ground.
if your getting power thou pull the power side and test the connections to see if its activating if not possible relay or bad wiring so test ground and power on start. not at posts on starter but the relay part then move on to the starter.

on the starter there should be 3 wires 1 ground 1 constant 12v and 1 12v from ignition to solinoid.

·
Registered
620 Posts
When u turn ur key over, whats it do?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 95 did the same , was the VATS go to shubox.com for the cure, it is simple. thttp://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech1.htmlhe. Look at the vats-bypass diagram.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Try the vats bypass

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts