LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i have a stock 1993 trans am. Today, my temperature control nob is stuck blowing cold air out. The rotating door behind it is stuck and i think a cable broke that allows me to turn the flap. It was turning before and this time it got harder and harder to rotate the door and the cable or whatever connects between the flap and the nob decided to break on me i think.

How do i get back behind the nob and fix the cable? Also, is there a way to make the flap behind the nob turn easier so i dont have to force it and risk breaking something back there again?
Thx guys. Not the best at explaining things. 馃槄

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
Just looked at the wire and sure enough the wire that connects to the temp flap is broken near the twist nob. There is a crimp that goes on the end of the wire that slides into a socket on the nob which allows the flap to turn. That end where the crimp goes on the wire broke off. It looks like i can just attach a new one on there and put everything back together. The wire was also bent in the middle and the wire cant slide properly now. I will try fixing the wire and see if i can get anywhere with that.

If i cant fix the wire, can i find the cable and mechanism somewhere? I belive the thing i need is called a Blend door actuator cable. I tried looking for one online but no such luck. There was no part number on the cable that i could find.

Global Moderator
I'm afraid your going to have to hit your local salvage yards or try craigslist and find someone parting out 93-95 firebird for the parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts