LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 trans am 6spd t-top
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had two leaks pop up while my cars has been sitting in the garage for the last few weeks. One behind the fuel filter and the other somewhere behind the front wheel. I don't know what caused either of them to pop up at the same time while not driving but I was able to fix the one behind the fuel filter. In looking to fix the one in the front I'm exploring options. A new assembly is no longer available so I'm looking at either replacing the entire front section with a used one or with a combination of new hoses and fittings. Issue I'm having is figuring out what new components I need. I know the general parts however looking for anyone who has done this that has a part list or something close to it.

93 TA LT1 6spd ttop

·
Global Moderator
13,611 Posts
If it's a metal line leaking, high pressure fuel injection rubber fuel line will fix the problem. Just cut out the offending section & install the fuel ine with clamps.

If it's a rubber fuel line leaking, you should be able to cut the old fuel line at the connectors. Strip the old fuel line off of connectors. You'll find there is a barb on connector. Again, use high pressure fuel line and clamps. My 90 has had this mod done for over 10 years with no leakage.

If you find that connector has no barb to hold new fuel line, cut off the connectors on the metal line. Then push the new fuel ine onto both sides of metal pipe. Again using clamps to hold fuel line tightly.

·
Registered
93 trans am 6spd t-top
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it's a metal line leaking, high pressure fuel injection rubber fuel line will fix the problem. Just cut out the offending section & install the fuel ine with clamps.

If it's a rubber fuel line leaking, you should be able to cut the old fuel line at the connectors. Strip the old fuel line off of connectors. You'll find there is a barb on connector. Again, use high pressure fuel line and clamps. My 90 has had this mod done for over 10 years with no leakage.

If you find that connector has no barb to hold new fuel line, cut off the connectors on the metal line. Then push the new fuel ine onto both sides of metal pipe. Again using clamps to hold fuel line tightly.
Thank you for the info. It's rubber lines that goes from where it attaches to the engine down to where it attaches to the metal lines under the drivers floor. I found a used fuel line assembly however I'm reluctant to use a used line just to have that one leak. I'm looking at russel lines/ connectors but unsure which connectors to buy. Also will consider any other brand that may be cheaper but sound.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts