LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anyone help me i found a corvette lt1 crate motor from jegshttp://www.jegs.com/i/Blueprint-Engines/138/BPG35027C/10002/-1?parentProductId=1123891 and i want to put it in my 94 camaro,besides i already know it has a 4 bolt instead of a 2 bolt main is everything else bolt on,why is there a difference in oil pump,oil pick up and pan,can i just use a camaro oil pan and keep the vette oil pump and pick up or i hafto put my camaro oil pan,oil pump,and oil pick up on the vette lt1,please helpppp i keep getting the same answerss lol,its a long block my plan is to just sawp over all the camaro accesories on the vette lt1,timing cover,intake manifold,opti with spline drive,waterpump,oil pan,ectc..

·
Global Moderator
13,437 Posts
Corvette long block will work fine in your f-body. It's the same basic block as the f-body.

Don't think it uses a different oil pump. If pickup tube is different, you can remove vette pickup and install f-body type.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Yea :) how long?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Unless you have a 92 lt1 vette engine or a 96 LT4 Vette engine cam the cams are the same for Lt1 vettes and fbodies.

Stock lt1 cam specs - CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

Blueprint Engines are good

http://www.blueprintengines.com/index.php/products/gm

So are Golen

LT1/LT4 Engines | Golen Engine

And Ellwein

Ellwein Engines Home Page

KW Baraka still has 383 for sale maybe he could post some pictures so you can see what you'll get for the money depending on your budget.

ATK also sells a nice low $ shortblock

ATK High Performance Engines - Remanufactured Engines - Performance Crate Engine

CHEVY 350 96-01 LT1 SHORT BLOCK: High Performance Engines | ATK Custom Built Crate Engines

They also sell 598 Dart race prepped Big blocks

Dart 598 Race Series Short Block: High Performance Engines | ATK Custom Built Crate Engines

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the all the help,i heard there was 2 knock sensors on the vette lt1 what do i do with the second one since i dont need it,should i just plug the hole with a bolt or not needed. I will def look into the engines im just trying to get the most for my budget,and have an easy build with less wiring issues and just swap everything over from my f body motor to the vette motor,jaspers wants 2300 shop cost for a stock 2 bolt main and jegs has the balanced and blueprinted 4 bolt main motor for 2800 just hafto re use my f body oil pick up and oil pan.And golen motors are niceee lol but way above by budget for now with money to spend on even a mild performance engine from them is 5000.00 lol def in my future if ill have that much to spend there on my christmas list,besides its just a street build rite no need for that much hp rite now until its a permanent track car.

·
Banned
489 Posts
If u can handle 25 more HP.

The corvette motor was rated at 300hp where the camaro engine was only 275hp. Only difference was the dual exhuast on the corvette as far as i know.

Good luck and be careful with all that new power,:eek:
cardo

·
Banned
489 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Corvette had different exhaust manifolds(center dump like rams horns) and dual exhaust.
Also the Air Intake similar to SS and Formula/TA (Ram air SLP type Filter Housing).

Vette LT1 vs F-Body LT1 - CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

Results I've seen on dyno test Fbody engine transplanted into Jaguars etc.

Vette cast iron rams horn exhaust manifolds +9hp

Shorty & Mid Type Headers +10-15HP

Long Tubes Headers +20HP

Ram's Horn exhaust...just how good are they? - Corvette Forum

Best sbc exhaust manifold? • Speed Talk

Lots of circle track racers use cast iron manifolds as requirements for their class porting helps. LT1xjs ported his vette manifolds on one of his Jaguars with good results.

Brzezinski racing ports rams horns
Chevrolet Corvette Cast Iron Automotive Exhaust Manifolds

Sandersons makes headers for D ports and cast iron high flow manifolds.

Sanderson CC3_158DP tight fit 1-5/8" primary tube header set for small block Chevy engines. Fits 1970-92 Camaro and 1955-up truck applications with D-Port cylinder heads.

Sanderson QP1000 is a cast iron performance header set for small block Chevrolet engines that are installed in a variety of classic and street rod applications.

The QP1200 is a cast iron performance header set for small block Chevrolet engines installed in Chevrolet Chevelle, El Camino and other street rod applications.

Exhaust Pipes Test - Car Craft Magazine

Header Basics - How Headers Contribute to Horsepower - Car Craft Magazine

Another company makes cast iron version of Rams Horns
Tru-Ram® Small Block Chevy Exhaust Manifolds, Cast Iron - Speedway Motors, America's Oldest Speed Shop

Dyno results - headers vs rams horn manifolds - ChevyTalk --The Social Network for Chevy Fans

1 - 13 of 13 Posts