LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:53 pm Post subject: 9" Ford Rear

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am planning to build a 9" ford rearend,. I have a 4:11 chunk with a mini-spool .I have a housing lined up. How dificult is it to set up the mounts for the lower links and torque arm ? I know I will have to shorten the housing. It would be easier to just order a new one but that is not in my present budget. I also plan on building an adjustable torque arm that will connect to the cross member. Any of you been through this procedure, If so I can use some advice.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You might have to inlist a custom fabricator to build those extra pieces. Moser refuses to sell the TA mounting hardware to anyone even dealers. Oh, if you plan on reusing your stock disc brakes you are going to need the 12 bolt flush mount ends Moser sells. You might be better off just saving up for a housing.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may be right I have been looking at the sites including the one you posted and I don't see just the housings for a f-body I see a bare carrier on some of the circle track sites. If I could find the housing I might get it rolling before this 10 inch dies. Its like one of my old cars It needs a quart of oil every time I drive it. LOL
BTW That is one bad ass Z28 you are driving, Would you tell me something about what all you have done to get to the 9's Is it a track only car?

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Moser sells an F-body housing with axles for $985. That's what I'm running...my center is the Strange S-series, gears are motive and the posi is Auburn pro series.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Chris 96 WS6 said:
Moser sells an F-body housing with axles for $985. That's what I'm running...my center is the Strange S-series, gears are motive and the posi is Auburn pro series.

Hmmm.....interesting combo;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts