LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well deciding to go carb and running into the issues from clearance with the super Vic,stinger plate and carb it was very close. And with basically rewiring the entire car with new gauges I decided to just go ahead and pick up a new roller. Sold the 12 bolt and the car as a roller and picked up my buddies 87 notchback he already had swapped but lost interest in.

When we took the motor out of it.

After we got the fenders on and test for the hood.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Parts starting to pile in.

Picked up double adjustable uppers and tubular lowers from a buddy.

Picked up a aed 850.

Got and aje th350 crossmember.

Picked up dynatech longtubes and an X pipe with mufflers.

We put the motor in and man it took no time at all! I will take a fox body vs an fbody any day and we are really good at having it in and out the bottom lol.

Used the factory fbody hoses and and radiator/fans. Used the factory fox body radiator brackets.

Had a bad rusted drivers floor pan. And got a new one with the car. Cut the old out.

Got the new one fitted in!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally washed the car!

Trans cooler hooked up.

Aero motive fuel pressure regulator.

Got the carb and everything hooked up.

Got it fired up.

View My Video

Got the bumper mocked up gotta paint the trim and put it on.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trimmed the ashtray and mounted my pro ratchet stealth.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I loved the Barney build and now love this one even more. Wish you were closer to me I'd come check it out. I've been kicking around a notch or hatch build for awhile now. I hang out with all mustang guys so it would be the ultimate stab to build a chevy powered mustang. I would go the route of SBC mounts and run the LT1 out of my car for the time being. My chassis is junk so it wouldn't bother me a bit to dump the roller and be done with it. Keep up the good work!!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I loved the Barney build and now love this one even more. Wish you were closer to me I'd come check it out. I've been kicking around a notch or hatch build for awhile now. I hang out with all mustang guys so it would be the ultimate stab to build a chevy powered mustang. I would go the route of SBC mounts and run the LT1 out of my car for the time being. My chassis is junk so it wouldn't bother me a bit to dump the roller and be done with it. Keep up the good work!!
Thanks man I loved Barney a lot! But oh my god I love this car a million times more everything is so simple and with the aje k member and stuff it's like the motor belongs in there. Even with Barneys cowl cut back and the ac deleted this car still is sooooo much easier to work on. Barney was 3100 lbs so if I get this one around that with a cage I'll be happy although it's probably gonna be way lighter than that lol

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reinforcing those lower torque boxes.

Hit them with some quick paint!

Got the floor pan welded in still have to patch a piece in the front.

·
Global Moderator
13,225 Posts
Good job with the build. You might want to think about doing a write up to help others contemplating a similar project.

And when you post more pics, could you turn the resolution down on your camara. The size of the pics are kind of overwhelming.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I'm betting that notch will be around 2800 lbs when your all done. Things gonna fly to say the least. I feel ya on room to work on 4 th Gens. Its non existent and every time I work on it I manage to shed some blood. I think you may have given me the push to start looking for a fox.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm betting that notch will be around 2800 lbs when your all done. Things gonna fly to say the least. I feel ya on room to work on 4 th Gens. Its non existent and every time I work on it I manage to shed some blood. I think you may have given me the push to start looking for a fox.
I'd be estatic for it to weigh that but I don't see it lol. Buddies had a 10 or chromoly cage and his weigh 2750 with him it it. Picked up .7 from. Camaro weighing around what mine did too lol. We'll see though I wanna do a 10 or mild steel cage,kirkey seats and some oZite carpet.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Well whatever you end up doing I can't wait to see the finished product. I've been looking around on craigslist now for project car.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks buddy^

YouTube video of the first start incase the other link didn't work.

http://youtu.be/TYMq1xAvaa8

Here's what it sounds like with exhaust on I love the quiet tone.

http://youtu.be/Z-E5Z_rV3W0

The cable mounted.

Exhaust all on and mounted.

Also got the battery box mounted.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got my fans wired up and all the wiring hidden.

Picked up some draglites with tires for $400.

The look the cars gonna have with the black draglites on it.

Finally got my s&w 10 point cage.

Picked up some summit seats with covers cheap and also ordered a Holcomb bracket.

Ordered some perfect match style paint and painted the gas cap and fender trim turned out great!

And final got my tinted headlights.

Ordered spherical bushings for the upper part of the 8.8. And wound up getting some 90/10's and a crap load of other stuff for cheap locally. So just gotta find some time to make it home and get it all put on.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Put in a lot of work this weekend.

Got the front bumper and trim on and headlights and reinforced the upper torque boxes.

Also got the black draglites on.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Wow you've made some real progress on the car man! Actually the thing looks pretty sick even though its a ford. I'm still kicking the idea around. I found a 4 cylinder hatch complete for $500.00. How much did you spend on your roller?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I paid $1800 for my roller from a buddy. Came set up for ls with k member and aeromotive regulator etc. the traded my darkstars for the hood and a few other things.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is that nice 2nd gen camaro yours also?
I wish lol thing is gorgeous they just put a t56 in it. I have a 2000 ss daily but that's about it lol

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got my glow shift gauges,15 gallon fuel cell and my 1 gallon fuel cell for nitrous and my strang single adj. rear shocks.

Got the strange shocks on and one of the upper spherical bushings in and one upper adjustable control arm on.

Got the nitrous stand alone mounted.

Got the 15 gallon fuel cell in just have to clearance the spare tire well some and bolt it down.

Ordered some eBay single chamber mufflers too should sound good. Just waiting on my 8 an line to get here from China and I can hook up the Holley blue and run the new lines.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Still following this build man, things are looking good. I've still been keeping an eye out for the right fox body to come along. I talked back and forth with a guy on facebook but he quit replying when I told him my plans for the car. Apparently he was a senior member at the area ford club or something lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts