LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of 9 in the season. After race #6, I moved up to a tie for 15th, 5 rounds behind the leader, 3 behind 3rd place (they take 3 out of this class to the Division V Finals, to be held in Brainerd this year).

I had considered going to T&T this evening, since it's been 4 weeks since the last race, but it was rained out. So, I guess we'll all have an equal amount of rust.

8th race is next Friday, final race the first weekend of September.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Good luck. There must be a lot of guys jammed in close together between you and a qualifying spot for the ET Finals.

Our #5 race is on Sunday. My car is close (to fire up) but I have been super busy lately and don't know if I'll be able to get it ready. Might have to race slow GTA one more weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1st TT, RT .034, car ran close to what I expected.

2nd TT, RT .017, car a little slower than I expected, but close enough to dial for 1st round.

I was toward the back of the class in 1st round, watched #2 & #3 go out, as well as some ahead and behind me in points. Turns out I'm paired with the same guy I beat in the quarterfinals of the last race last season, which kept him from winning the class season championship. His car has been all over the place, RT's nothing to write home about, I dialed right between my TT times, figuring it would run about the same as the 1st.

So, guess what my RT was:

.017 over my 1st TT RT?

.017 under my 2nd TT RT?

No, .018 under my 2nd TT RT.

-.001. Night done.

Ran the same time as my first TT, for what that was worth (not much by then).

·
Registered
482 Posts
Well, when you play with fire, sometimes you get burned. Hopefully you don't loose too many places in the points standings.

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny thing is I'm usually pretty keyed up when I roll down for the 1st round, I wasn't last night. As I lined up, I didn't feel like I had to kill the tree to beat the guy, I just didn't want a to pull another 1st round lazy light.

I probably dropped down again. Maybe if I win the last two races...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts