LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to learn a few things about my c10 today.. one being the last owner was a dicksmack. Ive recently taken out my 350 turbo for a 300 dollar stock rebuild just to keep on tickin along, and of course, there are problems: Coolant lines were corroded, Converter is genuine junk, Crossmember was bent, frame where crossmember connects is also bent, Lost shifter linkage washer/clip, the hole in my floor is bigger than i thought, and of course the old radiator would of ended up dumping more crap back into my fresh clean 350T... so i wasnt about to do this again in another 100k miles. So i went to the good old autozone and baught a new tranny cooler, lines, hoses and a case of mercon. Everything is back together now and running like new, took it for a spin and daaaaaaamn is that tranny smooth. no gear slamming, no slipping or waiting, just a perfect stock rebuild. Im so proud of my POS! :cool:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
glad to here you ride is comming together... :cool:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I also found out that he did some drilling in the honey comb, he told me he has never done a stock rebuild, always added his own personal touch so he did an old school shift kit basicly. Next thing lined up is a new converter and then a 355 build this spring. Also gonna put the 12 bolt from the camaro under there after i get the 9 inch Moroso'd and tubbed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts