LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one isn't really f body related but I know there's a few guys on here that know these transmissions fairly well. I have a 1990 S10 4x4 with a mild built 355 that is still run by the TBI system. Pretty much plug and play. I also put in a rebuilt 700r4. the setup worked great for 3 years 25,000 miles then I had to store for almost 2 years. I went and drove it and it shifts great still but after 45 when it should lock it does some weird stuff. It locks and unlocks simultaneously. I'm stumped at this point and really don't wanna pull this thing if I don't have to. I verified that the brake switch works fine yet so that isn't it, or at least i don't think so. Any idea's?

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
How many wires do you have going into the case connector? First, we need to determine if this is in the trans/converter or external.

Frank

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correction, I seem to remember the guy that did the transmission said that all I need to do was get 12 volts to the transmission and that the other wires aren't doing anything anymore. Does that make sense??

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Correction, I seem to remember the guy that did the transmission said that all I need to do was get 12 volts to the transmission and that the other wires aren't doing anything anymore. Does that make sense??

That all depends on how the trans is wired inside. A single 12V source means it has to have a self grounding solenoid. 700s are capable of having up to 4 pressure swiches on the valve body. Are you running your 12V through a brake light switch and a low vacuum switch?

Frank

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That all depends on how the trans is wired inside. A single 12V source means it has to have a self grounding solenoid. 700s are capable of having up to 4 pressure swiches on the valve body. Are you running your 12V through a brake light switch and a low vacuum switch?

Frank
I did nothing with the brake switch and have not added a vacuum switch. I plugged the original harness into it when I installed it. Far as I know everything is 100% stock for a 91 S10 as far as wiring goes. My guess is at this point I need to pull the pan and see what's under there, would you agree? What should I be looking for to tell the difference?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also I apologize for the late responses for whatever reason I am not getting e-mail updates at all anymore from this site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts