LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!! So, I’m about 25 years out of the “car” game and I’m purchasing a 94 Z28. (first car I bought out of high school) I would love to get to 1000rwhp, but would settle for 600 or 700. Haha.
Just looking for some ideas of the best ways to get there… heads, cam, stroker, supercharger, turbo, nitrous… this will be a Sunday driver at best. Probably going to end up spending way more than I want too on this project, but I’ve wanted this car back since the day I sold it. Thanks in advance guys!

·
Global Moderator
13,611 Posts
If I wanted more horse power in the 600 & up range, I would start with a 500 cubic inch chevy big block crate engine. Of course it will have to have a forged rotating assembly, high compression pistons, head work done, etc. I'm hoping you know that when you go for the high horsepower & torque route, you will have to get a better transmission than 4l60e auto or t-56 manual trans.

Even with the 4l80e, you'll have to have it built to take the power. I believe t-56 can be built for that kind of power.

Next on the list is a new rear end. The 4th gen rear would last about 5 minutes under high acceleration. A ford 9 inch rear or an aftermarket rear would be needed.

Then you'd have to spend money on the suspension & brakes. By now you'll have about 30 to 40 grand invested in your build.

As an aside, I used to build a 90 cubic inch feat motor to get 200 horsepower. I didn't drag race the car. Every 10K to 15K miles, the engine would need an overhaul. That's why starting with 500 cubic inches is good. Bringing one of those up to 700 hp would be a lot less strain on engine than trying to get that hp from a 350.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts