LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Member of over 500HP club
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if 6x8's or 6x9's will fit in the rear panels on my son's 2000 formula? I looked at the crappy 4's and tweeters in there and it looked like if I took them out and did a little sawing a 6 by something would possibly fit. Thanks ---Bill---

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Rear pannels where? In the trunk? The should fit. Buy a set and see if not take them back.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
If you are into systems you would ditch everthing but the fronts. As you can mess with the sound stage. You also shouldn't mess with the highs as long as the doors have the 2 speakers on each side or tweeters.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
?? You either have a 4 speaker system or 10 speaker system. Atleast that is how it is on the birds. I know t/a's came with 10 speakers. Formula's came with 4 or 10 and v6 firebirds 4 or 10. Not sure on the maro's.

·
Registered
148 Posts
well my maro has the two door speakers then the speakers for the back seats then there is one speaker on the drivers side rear panel in the trunk area , all the grills look like the stock ones

·
Registered
402 Posts
my maro had 6 speakers

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you like your son dont get him 6x9's go with a 6.5 component set. 6x9's are trash and all other non circular speakers. The best speaker to go with is a 6.5, maybe even do a single sub setup as well

·
Registered
76 Posts
do not put 6x9`s in that location. the weight of them will eventually cause the panel to buckle. i have a nice set of boston pro 4`s in mine. a 5 1/4 is bout as large as i would go they`ll fit with a little bit of modifcation.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yeah the Boston Components are pretty good, I went with the Oz Audio 4 components in the back, 6.5 coaxials in the backseats and the 5 1/4 components in the front doors with an Alpine Iva-D106 multimedia headunit.

·
Registered
162 Posts
do not put 6x9`s in that location. the weight of them will eventually cause the panel to buckle. i have a nice set of boston pro 4`s in mine. a 5 1/4 is bout as large as i would go they`ll fit with a little bit of modifcation.

thats what worked for me 5 1/4 with a little moding

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you end up not wanting to modify the fit you can get a decent speaker set it in there and run some bass blockers to leave the power driving to the bigger boys up front. Its what I did in mine and it worked like a charm for 10$ shipped for the Bassblockers it was worth it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts