LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm wanting to something with my phoney Z28 hood scoops. They've always annoyed me the way they look.

I've seen a few threads where people have removed the plastic grille & cut the back out of the scoop. I'm not sure i like the look... a little unfinished.
I've seen several different versions of mesh i could replace the plastic strip with... maybe ok or ricer.
I'd actually thought of mounting some lamps/leds behind.

I can't decide what would look ok.
Any thoughts

Mitch

·
Registered
406 Posts
i drilled out all the holes in the little plastic pieces, cut out all the plastic behind these pieces, had a local neon bender make two white lamps and then put aluminum foil behind the tubes for reflection. sounds like alot of work but not bad, well worth it for the one off look. it still looks close to stock untill night time.. ill try and get apic posted this weekend.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I pulled off the black covers, drilled an opening in the hood behind them, then put the black covers back on. When I go to the track I remove the black covers and it helps keep the engine bay cool.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
You could put a nitrous purge out of them ;)

·
Registered
406 Posts
car with hood scoops on., if yu go into my profile you can see a pic of the hood during normal light, looks stock. ( less the paint of course)

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
car with hood scoops on., if yu go into my profile you can see a pic of the hood during normal light, looks stock. ( less the paint of course)
That's cool. Thanks, i'll have a think & a play when i get some free time.

Mitch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts