LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this trans a direct bolt in for the 4th gen cars?

what is the 4L80 stock in?

thanks

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Trucks.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
years? bolt right in?

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
You have to beat the tunnel up pretty bad from what I understand, but the bolt pattern should be the same. Years... any year w/ a 6.0L LSx based truck IIRC.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
From what i see 4l80's are expensive as **** though. On the same note is a 700r4 bolt in on 4th gens?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it would throw a code from the computer for sure.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
it should not throw any codes in the pcm.
the 4l80 needs some tunnel massaging to get in, but is as strong as the th400 but with overdrive.... its one of those, worth it mods ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jaberwaki said:
it should not throw any codes in the pcm.
the 4l80 needs some tunnel massaging to get in, but is as strong as the th400 but with overdrive.... its one of those, worth it mods ;)

I like the whole concept of having a th-400 with overdrive rather then the gear veandors but I dont see alot of proven converters out there right now for the hardcore racer.........

·
Registered
24 Posts
4L80-4L80E

A strong tranny yes, but I think if you put one in you will be slower, and handle worse. IT weighs 100 lbs more than a 700R4, and has more frictional drag internally, both does not help performance. and if you did have to repair it , expensive costs. thanks RON

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
choppin-suey said:
I like the whole concept of having a th-400 with overdrive rather then the gear veandors but I dont see alot of proven converters out there right now for the hardcore racer.........
wonder if hughes or yank has anything in the works?

·
Registered
227 Posts
ive seen a 4l80 hold up in a 4200 lb twin turbo lt1 impala very well makin nearly 1000 tq.. suspension still needs a little work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts