LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just recently got my A4 transmission built for 600hp. Cost me $1900 all said and done. I just recently started valeting and learned how to drive stick on the job. I'm regretting not doing a T56 swap to begin with now. What would a transmission shop charge me to do a swap? There is absolutely no way I can do it myself and I can't find prices anywhere. Plus the shops won't be open to call them until Monday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? :(

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright so suppose I bought a 94-97 camaro that was 6sp. Would all the parts that I need be there to complete the swap?

·
Registered
494 Posts
yep all the bolts and wiring and hydraliks will be there even swap the pcm if same year. its not hard doing a swap. its just time consuming is all. plus you don't want the stock clutch if your pushing over stock hp.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd rather have the stock clutch for at least a few months. I only drove stick on 5 cars so far while valeting lol. It was a dart, toyota, 2 audi's, and a porche 911 lol. I don't have much practice in...

·
Registered
494 Posts
you know if you race a auto is better. just sayen.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I think I'll just go with a 3600 pro torque converter and 3.73 or 4.10 gears. Still can't decide which ones...

·
Registered
494 Posts
3.73 for street/strip 4.10's for strip only or intown cruiser non highway. this for 4l60e

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car sees 10 average miles on the weekdays, and 40 on the weekends. It's a daily driver and I only put 3,000 miles in 6 months. I'm highly debating the 4.10's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts