LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been fixing up a 95 camaro lt1 I picked up a few weeks back and unfortunately noticed since I got it seems to start in 3rd 4th gear no TC lockup manual 2nd and no 1st also pretty hard shift between 3 to 4 making a clunk, so I took it into a transmission shop and they claimed its not throwing any codes and they want to rebuild the tranny previous owner said that was already done however and my fluid does not smell burnt either, I've had one of these trannys in limp home mode before from electrical issues...but I did have the check engine light that time, this car however is not throwing any codes no light anything....anyone have any advice on what fuses I could check if it could still be electrical despite lack of check engine lights and codes?

·
Global Moderator
13,480 Posts
I suggest you get an obd 1 scanner and check the codes yourself. If you can't get one, we have a free obd 1 pc based scan program called "scan9495". It was made for our f-body cars and will scan for regular codes, ABS & SIR codes. It does running sensor scans and will log data to a file for later playback. It also tests engine & auto trans actuators. Did I mention it's free. Get it at www.mediafire.com/?0elo4c935uc5s You will need a 16 pin obd 1 to usb connector cable to use scan9495. Get it at OBD Diagnostics Many shops, especially transmission shops, don't serve the customer. They serve themselves.

·
Global Moderator
13,480 Posts
I forgot to add, the pcm will go into limp mode if certain engine codes are present. So you could have an engine problem causing the pcm to go into linp mode.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks like I posted on wrong username apologies anyhow appreciate advice going to order the cable from that site rather than make one my self figured I can tune my car with the cable so good investment, I have had two people check for codes using a standard odb1 reader and no sensors throwing codes no check engine light is there a specific fuse that might cause this tranny to get no power? Is it also safe to drive it let's say 20,000 kms in limp home mode with good fluid? Trying to find some time to fix it but figured might be a few months but at the same time don't want to lose any summer driving with it

·
Registered
1994 Firebird Formula LT1 5.7 4L60
2 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I’m going through the same exact thing. 94 LT1 / 4L60 Firebird Formula. Same exact symptoms. Any resolutions? Anyone with experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts