LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'M DOING A DRIVE TRAIN SWAP ON A '85 JAG - LS3 WITH A 4L70E TRANS AND I NEED A FACTORY SHORT TYPE DIPSTICK THAT BOLTS TO THE SECOND HOLE. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

·
Global Moderator
13,430 Posts
Seeing that most of the newer GM type auto trans don't have a dip stick to check trans fluid, my only suggestion is to search for companies that do engine trans conversions. Then ask them how they overcame the no dipstick situation with the newer GM trans.

We deal mostly with 3rd, & 4th gen f-bodies. They all have auto trans with the old fashioned dip stick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seeing that most of the newer GM type auto trans don't have a dip stick to check trans fluid, my only suggestion is to search for companies that do engine trans conversions. Then ask them how they overcame the no dipstick situation with the newer GM trans.

We deal mostly with 3rd, & 4th gen f-bodies. They all have auto trans with the old fashioned dip stick.
THIS TRANNY HAS THE HOLE FOR THE DIP STICK AND THE UNIVERSAL REPLACEMENT WANTS TO USE TH UPPER BOLT HOLE WITH THE LS3 DOES NOT USE. I GOT A TUBE FROM A 2000 ISH SILVERADO BUT IT WAS TO LONG AND WOULD BE THRU THE HOOD - NOT EXCEPTABLE HA HA. SO I'M LOOKING FOR A SHORTER TUBE COMBO - S10, BLAZER OR CAMERO . ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEA?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THIS TRANNY HAS THE HOLE FOR THE DIP STICK AND THE UNIVERSAL REPLACEMENT WANTS TO USE TH UPPER BOLT HOLE WITH THE LS3 DOES NOT USE. I GOT A TUBE FROM A 2000 ISH SILVERADO BUT IT WAS TO LONG AND WOULD BE THRU THE HOOD - NOT EXCEPTABLE HA HA. SO I'M LOOKING FOR A SHORTER TUBE COMBO - S10, BLAZER OR CAMERO . ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEA?
I FOUND THE ANSWER THE DIP STICK ON MY 1996 VETTE WILL WORK FOR THE JAG. SO NOW I JUST HAVE TO FIND ONE. MY DEALER SAYS NO LONGER AVALIBLE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts