LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to pin out the second vss sensor in the pcm for the 80 I bought a conversion plug and play harness and need to figure out the vss I have a 98 trans am any info would help out thank you

·
Global Moderator
13,339 Posts
The only info I've seen with the 4l60 to 4l80e swap, referring to vss hook up is; You need to hook up to the front vss. According to an article I saw, the rear vss remains unhooked.

Weather this info is correct, I can't say as I've never done the swap.

The info stated that if you hook to the rear vss only, idle problems would develop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is the conversion harness for the 13 pin plug? You could have just moved the 2 pins and removed the 3rd and been good. The bigger problem you are going to have is in your PCM. There is a place to select 4l80 but to the best of my knowledge, the calibration is not there. You would need a 4l80 segment from a PCM with the same OS loaded into your PCM. Look on HPtuner site for more info. I'm in the same boat right now with a 99 manual equipped Corvette com that a guy wants to run a 4l60 in.
You can add the pins and I have some that I can send you. It takes the same plug as the rear one. WPVSS30 is the pn. It's on Amazon for under $15.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts