LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was wondering If you can squeeze 400hp (at the Crank) out of an LS1 with full boltons but no internal modifications? What would this equate to at the wheels through a stock 10 bolt and an M6?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well they say between 10-15% through the M6 so figure 400hpx.85 (high figure too usally closer to 12%) makes 340hp at the wheels. We usally get about 350rwhp outta of M6 LS1's with just headers, lid, cutout and a decent tune. It shouldn't be any problem whatsoever to hit that goal, feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Thanks

Josh

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can actually push it closer to 500 hp without major problems, i am sure there are some running higher numbers but thats why alot of guys so to Iron Blocks over 500, the bottom end cant handle much more then that.

·
Registered
612 Posts
400 flywheel is easy. i heard somewhere(dunno where) that somebody dynoed a crate LS1 and it made 400+ at the flywheel. on an engine with accessories, headers, tune and pullies should do it

·
Registered
23 Posts
defenitly cake. theres a lsi running around here that is stock and dynoed close to 320 RWHP...ive heard that some of the ls1's though were kind of freakish with their power.
you can always use nitrous

1 - 5 of 5 Posts