LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an LS1LT1.com exclusive...you are not going to find this information anywhere else on the 'net for several more days!

Introducing Arao's 32-valve LSx heads:

Here's the vitals:
1. Contact Mark (310) 213-9443, or PM LS1LT1.com member Stroker396, sales rep for ARAO.
2. Each pushrod operates 2 Valves
3. Accepts stock or aftermarket Intake, Exhaust and Cam

Here's the pics:

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No details yet. I'm hoping Mark from Arao will pop in here and give us more details.

·
Registered
79 Posts
No details yet. I'm hoping Mark from Arao will pop in here and give us more details.
Seems like there would be a lot of pressure on the lifters, rods and cam. I wonder if those have to be changed also? Pretty good stuff. I bet it would be worth the power increase.

·
Registered
130 Posts
the spring pressures should be lighter being they have to control a smaller valve.. So theoretically <sp> it shouldn't be much diff. than say a heavy hyd roller setup..

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
That is correct the Spring pressure is less. The stock pushrods can be used. The heads come with the spring and shaft mounted needle bearing rockers. Gen I & Gen II block heads come with the head gaskets as the angle of the exhaust pushrod changes and some minor clearancing of the block is required. No Clearancing is required for the LSx heads.

Heads for the LS1 use 2x1.65" intake valves (388cfm) 2x1.4" exhaust valves (300 cfm)

Heads for all other LS engines use 2x1.72" intake valves (400cfm) and the same exhaust.

The rockers are 1.4:1 this wil compensate for aftermarket cams and valve clearance issues.

Also since there are two valves these heads do not require as much lift and will make more power than an equivilent flowing 2 valve head because they have more flow earlier.

The website will be updated in the next day or two with all the information or you are welcome to contact me.

Pricing is similar to that of the Small Block Chevy heads.

·
Registered
221 Posts
well damnit... now the SBC/LTx boys are really screwed.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't forget these guys build SBC and LT1 32 valve heads too.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Thanks Chris,

Yes Arao engineering also makes the 32V heads for the Gen I and Gen II SBC as well as Big Block Chevy and Ford.

heads are also available for Volkswagon, and Harley Davidson with 4 valves per cylinder.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Look promising, but I'm not going to hold my breath. As far as I know, no one has gotten a set running on an LTx setup. A couple were close, but that's the last I heard. Arao had always advertised them as a "bolt on" part, but the custom stuff makes it cost prohibitive for most people. You're talking custom manifold and rails, custom headers, gaskets, ect. And that's on the LTx setup.

The LSx setup I honestly am going to call and it's going to be the same situation. Lots of talk, plenty of in house dyno results without any independent results, and a LOT of custom work to get in and running on a car. How big are these heads comparitively to factory heads, what's the exhaust manifold angles, ect. It ALL comes into play. How much taller than a stock head are they?

I like the idea, always have, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well it says pretty plainly that it works with stock LS1 intake and exhaust...so I don't think the fabrication problems are going to be as bad as on the LT1 heads.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Well it says pretty plainly that it works with stock LS1 intake and exhaust...so I don't think the fabrication problems are going to be as bad as on the LT1 heads.
How?? Look at the ports on those heads. Those are NOT cathedral ports. Unless those are LS7/L92 based in which case a "factory" manifold can be used.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with Fastbird. Honestly, it's a great idea, but an exclusive mod that takes a lot of money that's typically out of the F-body owners' league therefore my money sits on the table betting that these heads get a good initial showing then drop off the map just the way the LT1 32v heads did.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
First off you are correct about one thing these heads are not for everybody. They are the top of the line when it comes to perfomance and those who 1. can afford them and 2. want this kind of performance are willing to do what it takes.

The LS Heads are a direct bolt on, Because of the changed valve angle there is no clearancing required for the LSx engines.

As I stated earlier the Block does require minor clearancing for the exhaust pushrods (Gen I & Gen II only) as the angle changes. They do bolt on as far as the stock intake and exhaust. The heads come with the head gaskets which is notched to provide a template for where to clearance the block.

Also as far as the intake ports are concerned they can be configured with the Catherdral style ports. This is the first set to be produced. The Preference it to use these ports as they flow better So Yes L92 and LS7 intakes are prefered.

I will get you, proof that they both fit and work for both the LS and LT.

I appologize I will be unavailable online until Tuesday as I will be at SRP. I will answer any questions at that time.

·
Registered
680 Posts
there is a guy on LS1tech.com running the arao heads on his Trans Am, looks amazing, I wouldnt mind owning a set of their heads, that is if I had that much money to spend on my TA.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Just looking at the pic again, I think you answered your own question.
Agreed, but if such is the case then an advertisement of using a factory LS1 manifold wouldn't hold up. Granted, the L76 manifold and LS7 manifolds are better than LS1-2-6 units.

Don't get me wrong man, I love the idea. I just wish someone was acutally able to get these things running on a car with all the hype they've generated in the LT1 world. I just hate to think of the same thing happening to the LSx crowd too.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Agreed, but if such is the case then an advertisement of using a factory LS1 manifold wouldn't hold up. Granted, the L76 manifold and LS7 manifolds are better than LS1-2-6 units.

Don't get me wrong man, I love the idea. I just wish someone was acutally able to get these things running on a car with all the hype they've generated in the LT1 world. I just hate to think of the same thing happening to the LSx crowd too.
Fastbird. I have been in sales a long time and I know that you can sell to 100 people and if 98 of them are happy they go on there way. It is the 2% that have a problem that make all the noise. I understand that these heads are rare and it you may not be aware of all the folks who are running them hassle free. Russ has received pictures and letters from satisfied customers. Sounds like you are asking for testimonials from the 98%. I will be happy to comply.

The LSx series are even better due to the fact the valve angle is different and there is no need to clearance the block. Also if you are going to spend this kind of money on heads I assume you want the utmost performance. Therefore the LS7 intake is going to give you that. Why would you skimp. If you want a set though with Catherdral Ports though it can be done, we just don't recommend it.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts