LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys so I have a 1995 Camaro z28 lt1! so my car is missing still. so I checked for vac leaks there was one I fixed it. I changed fuel filter put fresh gas in put all new spark plugs in. I dident change my wires yet. so what I did was I pulled each injector connectors off one by one. and when I pulled injector connector off #3 the car rpm dident change at all. is there anyway else I can check for a bad injector? to see if its pulsing. or do you think it can be the spark plug wire any help please!

·
Global Moderator
13,430 Posts
You can use a noid light or a 2 lead test light to check to see if injector is opening. Keeping in mind that all injectors get power anytime ignition switch is in on or start. All inj power wires are the same color. It's the ground wire that causes injector to open, with the ground being supplied by the pcm.

So set up your noid or test light. Then crank engine over. The light should light every time the pcm attempts to open the injector. Light will blink on and off quickly.

to check spark plug wire, simply swap one from a good firing cylinder, to the non firing cylinder. and see if problem changes cylinder or stays the same.

However, a spark tester, the kind that puts a load on the ignition system, would be your best bet and easiest procedure. Available at most any auto parts store.

·
Global Moderator
13,430 Posts
If you've determined the injector is opening and want to see if it's clogged, you must pull the fuel rail up so the injectors on that side of the engine have the ends visible.

Mount small clear jars under each one to keep the fire hazard down. Then have assistant crank engine while you observe the spray pattern. Have fire extinguisher handy, just in case.

Also when removing the injectors, make sure the bottom o ring comes along with the injector. And it's a good idea to have new o rings on hand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts