LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, thanks for the add to to forum, I've been lurking for quite some time now. Currently I'm doing my first engine removal on a 1994 chevy camaro 3.4l 5 speed. Following the write ups for the lt1 and 3.8l I have made it decently far, but I'm still having some trouble in the AC and power steering department. The car was towed home and the car is still full of refrigerant. In some write ups I have noticed people saying it's possible to to just unbolt the compressor and leave the lines attached, I have removed the three front mounting bolts but it still has not come loose. On a different note there's a line that runs from an a.c. component into the front cover, is this safe to remove or is refrigerant going everywhere? And lastly, what exactly do I do with the power steering pump? Thanks in advanced for all the help, and if anyone has some 3.4l removal write ups they could send me that would be awesome. This is getting dropped by the k member at home.

·
Global Moderator
13,104 Posts
Compressor usually has a bolt or 2 hiding in the back.

Nothing that I know of on a/c system goes into timing cover.

Yes, once you unbolt compressor, you can just move it out of the way.

On power steering pump, just go ahead and remove the lines. It's no big deal on power steering. Just be sure to plug the lines so dirt and insects don't get inside Leave pump attached to engine until you have engine out of car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, it's well appreciated. The only bolt i see in the back of the compressor holds on the lines on (i might be missing something) but then again the 3.4 is a tight area. And how do I go about disconnecting the power steering lines? Anything with the metal tube type of thing I've never figured out how to disconnect. As far as the line going into the timing cover, here's a rough picture. I'll get a better one once I'm off work. It runs from the canister near the passenger shock tower over to the front of the timing cover.

Attachments

·
Global Moderator
13,104 Posts
Was going to upload ac & heater diagrams but file size limit won't let me.

So if you want these, PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send them to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts