1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if they change the body style and dash ill buy one 45k can go ALONG way on my 97 z.... impressive power stock, however for the money we can all make more power with our current f bodies i guess it honestly comes down to each persons taste. im waiting for the new stingray vette!!

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/17/rossi-sixtysix-fuses-c6-technology-with-split-window-corvette-st/

i like it all just not the front end
I agree it is personal taste and you could build much more for that kinda money. But I like the looks, the power, and the fact that there wouldnt be any wrenching on it. Just jump in and go

·
Registered
263 Posts
Z28 :) That is what's up. And I just don't ever see that Stingray ever being created.

·
Registered
21 Posts
im not impressed by it i think GM could have done something different with the body instead of following ford n dodge my friend has one m6 500hp tuned intake n exhaust me n my dad took r 02 out for a spin with him n blew him straight out he water up n down the highway n all we have is intake, headers, custom exhaust, n tune..

·
Registered
155 Posts
They should bring back the T/A....I love the camaros...but the camaro isn't right with out a T/A. But noooo, they killed Pontiac...

:/
when pontiac was officially murdered by obama thats when i got my 01 TA :( i reaalllllllllly wanted a new 2009-2012 TA :(

·
Registered
312 Posts
Obama had nothing to do with the demise of Pontiac. The closure of Pontiac and Saturn were know about before he was even elected.

by the way they are desert testing the new Z28 here in Vegas. I saw one in all its "spy" fatigues leaving the race track.

·
Registered
989 Posts
In a few years when our new truck is paid off, for sure will be buying a 2011 z28, no hesitation or anything !!! Was sooo close to a 2010 ss in the driveway, couple weeks ago, but we got a truck to pull the toys, and go to the mountains in winter time. But in 2013 i will own a 2011 z28, we already planned it out...

·
Registered
312 Posts
I test drove an SS last weekend I loved it but there were only a few things that made it unbuyable (is that a word?).

First it was an Automatic and it had some hard shifts going into second.
Second is that the color was all wrong. The sales person asked what color I wanted and that he could get it with in a day from another stealership. Once I told him that it was not available in the SS trim that shot his hopes of a nice commision down.

Synergy green or dark purple are the only colors for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I test drove an SS last weekend I loved it but there were only a few things that made it unbuyable (is that a word?).

First it was an Automatic and it had some hard shifts going into second.
Second is that the color was all wrong. The sales person asked what color I wanted and that he could get it with in a day from another stealership. Once I told him that it was not available in the SS trim that shot his hopes of a nice commision down.

Synergy green or dark purple are the only colors for me.
Thats a shame because the SS is avalible in Synergy (isn't that the name of Jem & the Holograms computer?) Green. The annoucment was made before your post and there is SG Camaro SS sittting @ a stealership down here in nearby Marlton NJ.

·
Registered
491 Posts
i read somewhere that the camaros are detuned for insurance reasons there was something in the article about the high rate of total loss accidents and that the f bodies were higher to insure then the vettes

·
Registered
491 Posts
anybody have film of a 01-02 f body vs the new camaro with the oem 16 inch wheels i heard theres a video of the new camaro smoking the last generation f body when gm high tech did the comparison the older one was faster but the editor stated that the new camaro lost in a drag race due to the oversized wheels but on the big end it would be too much for the older f bodies

·
Registered
352 Posts
I still am a little mad at the big three period. If you can't make the weight of a car lower than it was 10 years ago then something isn't right. The new Camaro is a few pounds short of 2 tons(with the exception of the Z28), the Challenger is over 2 tons and the Mustang is 300 mpunds less than the Camaro(the GT500 is almost the same as the Camaro IIRC). All in all these bastards better get lighter or they will never get my vote. Hell my car is 3500 and I think it is way to big.

The Mustang and Camaro Z28 is the same weight as my car with me in it. That is ridiculous. With everything like multiplexing and light weigh components these cars should be a lot less weight. The cars also seem bigger on the outside with the same room inside. I am not sure though

Time to lose some weight GM!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts