LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone switched their front bumper from 2000 Formula to a Trans Am? I'm getting ready to update my front bumper from a Formula to a Trans Am, my issue is with the fog lights, I know the lights are different from F to TA, I already have the correct lights, also on the Formula they are mounted on the bumper and the Trans Am they're mounted on the impact bar(at least I'm pretty sure they are). My question is today I was at the local yard saw a Camaro without fog lights with square holes in the impact bar and another Camaro with fog lights, and when I took off the fog lights, I noticed the holes had what looked like plugs with threads in them.(for the fog light bolts) I went online and saw there is only one part number for the impact bar. I was wondering if I have to switch my impact bar with one from a TA, I guess Ill find out next week when I do the switch, was just looking for some insight before I get knee deep. Thanks.

·
Global Moderator
13,431 Posts
I believe the difference in the trans am from the formula, is that trans am bumper bar has threaded holes to mount the fog lights where formula doesn't.

So you have to make these mounting holes yourself.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well if that's true, that's good to know, I just found and bought a used impact bar from a TA. Thanks for the quick reply.:LS1LT1flag:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts