LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All!

I finally got my first race of the year in last weekend, it felt great to get back out there! Going into the second round, one of my buddy's, who was a 1st round runner up, was at the starting line and noticed on my burnout that I was only getting the right side spinning on the burn out. More evidence was a lack of rubber on the left rear quarter. After my second round runner up I went to put my street tires back on and gave everything a basic once over and everything seemed normal. leaving the track I stopped about a half mile down the road and did a quick systems check and left 2 nice black stripes on the street.

My current set-up is an A4 with 3.42’s (I’m assuming a previous owner did a rear end swap with a M6 at some point). The car is pretty much stock except for a 2400 stall converter and a Solomon mail-order tune. It ran a best of 3.709. My 60’ times were 1.90-1.93.

My question to the masses is, has anyone else run into this? I’ve done some investigating and have read where some people talked about the clutches. Are the slicks a little to sticky for my set-up; 26x9.5?

I am admittedly a little lacking in rear end knowledge.

Any ideas would be much appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
My first thought would be that you have an open rear diff and enough power to break both tires loose with street radials. It's before 6am here so I'm 90% sleeping still.

·
Global Moderator
12,987 Posts
Now this is just a guess, but with street tires the posi clutches can hold and make both tires spin. But with the added adhesion of drag tires, clutches not able to hold and make both tires spin. Remember, this is just a guess.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now this is just a guess, but with street tires the posi clutches can hold and make both tires spin. But with the added adhesion of drag tires, clutches not able to hold and make both tires spin. Remember, this is just a guess.
Thanks! This was the feedback I was getting on LTXTech as well. Might be time for a rebuild.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts