LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Runs with scissors
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after being basically stock since I got the car around 2 years ago. I'm needing more powa! :choppingwood:

Here is the car now, except I blacked out the chrome window trim.

Cosmetic change will be the hood. It just came in today. Need to get it painted.

Power wise I already have a CAI. Received SW long tubes and exhaust that will go to the stock mufflers. Getting headers ceramic coated. I'm debating on keeping the cutouts or not. Id850 injectors,160* t-stat and tr7ix plugs. Still waiting on the heat exchanger, pump, 2.4 upper pulley and idler. The eaton should be pushing 15lbs with that. Need to get the snout ported while it's off.
Still need to get a ported ls7 TB and cam kit also. Then to get it all installed and tuned.

It won't be the fastest car around, but I hope to have some fun predator hunting later next month. :devil:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Wow ! Clean. Does that come with the LS3 ?

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I really love these cars and almost bought one a year ago.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Always an awesome sleeper. I've seen what you're about to do done to the wagon version and it runs in the 10's. It's so cool to see a wagon pull the front wheels. Need to see pics and videos.

·
Runs with scissors
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the compliments. I'll definately get pics along the way, and a vid when done. I'm not sure it'll have sleeper status with a loping idle, but I am excited to have a fast car again. I'm hoping for 620whp and mid to low 11's on street tires. 10's on DR's.
I have to brag on my wife for being so cool about my cars over the years. Its great to have one that'll at least tolerate the madness. It isn't like our hobby is cheap, and she has a little of the v8 power bug too. I'm trying to talk her into headers and a mild cam for the G8.

Wow ! Clean. Does that come with the LS3 ?
The V has a LSA. Same as the ZL1 with a little difference between the supercharger lid and HX.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Nice car :thumbsup: You're lucky to have a wife that's cool with the car hobby, mine hates it :lol: Been trying to get the ol lady to trade her Tahoe in on a G8 but no luck yet.

·
Runs with scissors
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks again for the compliments.

nice like those caddies now let me have your eng so when kids with there swapped civics want to race after I beat them ill tell them its stock lol
Just buy a LSA crate motor for your build. :D

Nice car :thumbsup: You're lucky to have a wife that's cool with the car hobby, mine hates it :lol: Been trying to get the ol lady to trade her Tahoe in on a G8 but no luck yet.
We've been married for 20 years. I had a 70 Camaro SS I raced back then. She knew what she was getting into, especially when I told her that the wedding ring cost me a nice set of heads. :) Her speed bug has been a gradual thing. I knew she was turning in 99 when she wanted a new car after getting her degree. She wanted to check out Saturns so we went to a dealership. The test drive consisted of pulling out of the dealership turning around within 100yd and pulling back in. She told the salesman it had no power. She blamed me for it, but after that she had to have a 6cyl at a minimum.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'm a little jealous here awesome looking car
I'm just curious on one thing though why are you ceramic coating stainless headers. You do realize 304 & 321 stainless in raw form has better thermal efficiency then ceramic coated mild steel right. I'd leave them just my opinion though.
Again you're a lucky guy to have that car:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
You'll likely have to install or fab some hood vents and intake ducts. I would imagine heat soak is a problem.

·
Runs with scissors
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I forgot to reduce the boost due to the headers in my first post. Consensus seems to be a 1.5-2lb drop. More power and less heat. :D

Hood looks good. My cowl used to defrost my windshield when ice was on the outside, was awesome :roflmao:
Thanks. I still need to find a shop that'll paint mine.

I shimmed up the rear on the hood on the 70 Camaro like a poor man's cowl induction. What can I say? I was a broke college student. It sucked in the summer because it would blow the hot air back and through the windows (no AC)

·
Runs with scissors
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Most parts are in. The hood is getting painted, headers are coated (pick them up on Mon), and I got a box from Comp Cams today.
Just need the rest of the valve train, catch cans and heat exchanger.

I have to say, the cam grind is a little larger than I expected. I ordered a custom grind without knowing the exact specs. I usually won't do that, but the grinds are making great power so I took the bait.

·
Runs with scissors
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Picked the hood up after work today. Unfortunately it's overcast and had been snowing so all I got were some teaser pics. I'll get some better shots when it's sunny.
The center color is a HOK pearl over black similar to my wheels.

Color shift

Now on to getting the rest of the stuff done.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts